airdvr

Your poison

Diet Coke, Sprite Zero. No wonder there's holes in my brain, right? :D

I love a dry red wine. I rarely drink it but when I do I try to savor and enjoy it. I should be a wine snob but I'm not. I'll try any dry red. Cheap, middle or expensive I don't discriminate.

My favorite cocktail is called Serenity from the restaurant Buddakan. It's A lychee martini – raspberry sake, lychee liqueur, pomegranate juice with a lychee fruit in the bottom of the martini glass. Two is my limit, or should be. I've been known to have 4 on a couple of occasions. They're THAT good. :):):)

Always be kinder than you feel.

airdvr

So what does everyone drink that is not beer? I favor Scotch in the wintertime, and Dewar's if it's available.

I liked Left Hand's Fade to Black in seasons 2 and 3 (Smoked Porter and Smoked Chili Porter respectively.) Season 4 was a rye porter and quite possibly the nastiest thing I've ever put in my mouth (And I've tasted natto.)

Horin Geikkan Sake is high on my list. Serve it cold and it's like drinking velvet. Fans of good vodka may appreciate it. It's not too expensive either.

Pretty much any unfiltered wheat beer also works. I got one in Austria some years ago that was awesome. If I could get the wheat beer from Austria and the bratwurst from the Amtrack station in Chicago in one location, I'm pretty sure I could make a million dollars...
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

airdvr

So what does everyone drink that is not beer? I favor Scotch in the wintertime, and Dewar's if it's available.

I like a few poisons, but Scotch Whisky is my year round.

I usually have a decent selection of single malts that I rotate through as I drink them.

Right now I am loving my Laphroig 10 year & Laphroig quarter cask. Macallan's 12 is always on hand, some Oban, and a handful of others.

As it warms up I will work in some nice tequila, and some good gin for gin and tonics. Old Raj Gin from Cadenhead is the bomb, if you can find it.

Mmmmmmm good booze. Life is too short for crappy booze, I will cut down on the food budget and ear ramen if it means I can get a nice bottle. :ph34r: Luckily I don't have to at the moment. :D
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Right now I am loving my Laphroig 10 year & Laphroig quarter cask. Macallan's 12 is always on hand, some Oban, and a handful of others.
As it warms up I will work in some nice tequila, and some good gin for gin and tonics. Old Raj Gin from Cadenhead is the bomb, if you can find it.
Mmmmmmm good booze. Life is too short for crappy booze, I will cut down on the food budget and ear ramen if it means I can get a nice bottle. :ph34r: Luckily I don't have to at the moment. :D

Man drinks like that is gonna die.

Best-
Richard

rwieder

Aquifina, lots of it. A gallon and 1/2 a day at least.

I skip the middle man and drink straight tap water.;) I rarely buy bottled water - I'll occasionally pick up some for the dropzone (if the DZ has no running water, like Byron, or has icky tasting tap water like Skydive Chicago and its rotten egg smell).

But I drink the same quantity as you or more. I was in the hospital earlier this week fighting pancreatitis, which means no food, no drinking, just IV hydration. The doc had me on 3 liters/day and I was fighting dehydration headaches. I had to beg him for more ... I'm like, dude, what you're giving me for 24 hours is what I drink by noon on a normal day. :D:D

And, thanks to the pancreas, looks like I will no longer have a "poison." Gotta stay off the sauce for at least a while. (Not that I drink that much, and usually wine or beer).
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

rwieder

Best-
Richard

Eat right, exercise, die anyway.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

Best-
Richard

I drink it in moderation, and am often the good friend who brings a nice bottle for tastes, so I go through it quick enough without being a liver killing alchy.
=P

DougH

***So what does everyone drink that is not beer? I favor Scotch in the wintertime, and Dewar's if it's available.

I like a few poisons, but Scotch Whisky is my year round.

I usually have a decent selection of single malts that I rotate through as I drink them.

Funny I have both of those laphroig's and an oban on my shelf right now. I also have some weird rum out of puerto rico thats all in spanish and tres generaciones anejo and reposado tequila. If you havent tried the tres generaciones do it now. one of my favorites
Belt and Suspenders

Awdpsi

Funny I have both of those laphroig's and an oban on my shelf right now. I also have some weird rum out of puerto rico thats all in spanish and tres generaciones anejo and reposado tequila. If you havent tried the tres generaciones do it now. one of my favorites

I like the tres generaciones, yum!

Tequila is one part of my collection, funny it turns over to fast to be a collection, that I haven't flushed out with more variety.

Nicest I have is some Don Julio and some Tres Generaciones, but I know there is some much higher end stuff out there. :|
=P

DougH

I like the tres generaciones, yum!

Tequila is one part of my collection, funny it turns over to fast to be a collection, that I haven't flushed out with more variety.

Nicest I have is some Don Julio and some Tres Generaciones, but I know there is some much higher end stuff out there. :|

Yea I learned about the tres generaciones at a tequila tasting event. There were others that were definitely priced much higher and were better but in the end I drink what I can afford....and thats not all that much sometimes
Belt and Suspenders

quade

***Aquifina, lots of it. A gallon and 1/2 a day at least.

Water? Like from the toilet? I've never seen plants grow out of the toilet.

It's got electrolytes!:ph34r:
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

LuckyMcSwervy

Diet Coke, Sprite Zero. No wonder there's holes in my brain, right? :D

I love a dry red wine. I rarely drink it but when I do I try to savor and enjoy it. I should be a wine snob but I'm not. I'll try any dry red. Cheap, middle or expensive I don't discriminate.

My favorite cocktail is called Serenity from the restaurant Buddakan. It's A lychee martini – raspberry sake, lychee liqueur, pomegranate juice with a lychee fruit in the bottom of the martini glass. Two is my limit, or should be. I've been known to have 4 on a couple of occasions. They're THAT good. :):):)

Mmmmm lychee mmmmmm

Amazon

***Diet Coke, Sprite Zero. No wonder there's holes in my brain, right? :D

Mmmmm lychee mmmmmm

This is what it looks like (minus the other half). :$
Always be kinder than you feel.

I am partial to them with just crushed ice and the syrup they come in without the alcohol. The first time I ever tasted them was in SE Asia... temperature about 90 degrees 100% humidity with the bustle of life all around while sitting in a street side café.. a wee moment of heaven in an all too brief escape from hell.