Nataly

Looks like I'm being forced to buy an R6 :)

Well...

If I could justify $20k for a bike...

419lbs 185hp 102ft/lb

Pure adrenaline.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

davjohns

Well...

419lbs 185hp 102ft/lb

Pure adrenaline.

2014 Ducati 1199 Panigale R
362 lbs dry, 417 lbs wet
195 hp, 98 ft/lb
Base price only $30K:

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/05/03/2014-ducati-1199-panigale-r/
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I am a loyal Kawasaki-ka. I have the Zx6r and the Zx10r, 2009 and 2011 respectively.

Bikes are like handguns, best selected for how they FIT you.

I am stuck on the Kawi Geometry. Just My .02
We came here to eat donuts and kick ass, looks like there aren't any donuts.....

normiss

I used to be.

Wrists and knees got tired of it though.

My first was a Kawasaki!

My first was a Foremost mini bike in 1965. Shiny blue, two and a half horses. Brakes that left you wishing for more. Damn that thing was fast. Mind you, I was only five years old at the time but, man was that thing fast!:)
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

hokierower

Street Triple R

There's a reason it's won almost every single shootout it's been in since it was first released. I love mine.

LOOOOOVE this bike. Love Triumphs in general. The look/sound/feel of them. But I do think I'm not ready for this yet... I will enjoy the R6 for a few years and then maybe the Street Triple... :)
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Nataly

***Street Triple R

There's a reason it's won almost every single shootout it's been in since it was first released. I love mine.

LOOOOOVE this bike. Love Triumphs in general. The look/sound/feel of them. But I do think I'm not ready for this yet... I will enjoy the R6 for a few years and then maybe the Street Triple... :)LOL your rationale is arse backwards:ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Stumpy

***The regular Street Triple is actually less HP than the R6.

Agree - for a less experienced rider I would say Street Triple is more forgiving than an R6

Not that it's the determining factor, but all bikes are limited to 100 HP in France (or 106 HP, depending on how you look at it). Don't even get me started on how fucking retarded this law is - I could rant about it for hours... >:(>:(>:(

It's other little things like weight, 3-stroke, seat height, where I think the R6 is just better suited to me... And basically owning a Triumph psychologically would just be TOO MUCH like my wet dreams!!! :D:D I think I'd be worried all the time of getting the smallest scratch on it and would drive myself bonkers with stress!!

But in all seriousness, I am test-driving both this weekend... Until I've done so, I'm only basing my knowledge on my internet research and that doesn't really tell me which one will actually *feel* right - maybe neither!!! Heck, I thought my little Ninja 250R was a very good bike for the daily commute, and perfectly fine to take on the highway/motorway... I would not be upset if I just got the same again... Inexpensive bike (to buy and to run), super cheap insurance, statistically low theft, reliable, light, low seat, comfortable riding position, easy to handle, "big bike" look - can't go wrong.
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Squeak

******Street Triple R

LOOOOOVE this bike. Love Triumphs in general. The look/sound/feel of them. But I do think I'm not ready for this yet... I will enjoy the R6 for a few years and then maybe the Street Triple... :)LOL your rationale is arse backwards:ph34r::ph34r:

Nope. Power is not the only factor. Not that it falls under the same category, but I rode a Bandit 650 for 3 months and hated it. It was tall and heavy, the seating position felt totally wrong, cornering on it was a bitch... It felt wrong, wrong, wrong - and not because it had just over two and a half times the HP of mine (85 HP vs. 33 HP)... Like I said, the Bandit is not a great comparison to an R6 or a Street Triple but the bike was uncomfortable for me.

Anyway, nothing will let me know better than to actually try both bikes. :)
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Nataly

Not that it's the determining factor, but all bikes are limited to 100 HP in France (or 106 HP, depending on how you look at it). Don't even get me started on how fucking retarded this law is - I could rant about it for hours... >:(>:(>:(

Its not so much about the power, its more about how its delivered. An R6 is set up like a race bike - you generally need to work it harder and it'll be a bit gutless lower down.
The ST should have a more even, user friendly spread. That said, I am not sure how the limiter will affect throttle response.
Also - 100bhp is quite a lot in a bike, especially for a new rider - but I agree, a blanket limit is daft.

3-stroke

huh?

But in all seriousness, I am test-driving both this weekend... Until I've done so, I'm only basing my knowledge on my internet research and that doesn't really tell me which one will actually *feel* right - maybe neither!!!

This is the correct answer - have a great weekend!
(And let us know if you end up on a Street Triple ;))
Never try to eat more than you can lift

Nataly

Heck, I thought my little Ninja 250R was a very good bike for the daily commute, and perfectly fine to take on the highway/motorway... I would not be upset if I just got the same again... Inexpensive bike (to buy and to run), super cheap insurance, statistically low theft, reliable, light, low seat, comfortable riding position, easy to handle, "big bike" look - can't go wrong.

If you liked the 250R, then check out the 300R;
The difference is more than just a minor displacement increase:
- HP jumped from 25HP to 35HP.
- Better gas mileage.
- Slipper clutch.

I like my Versys, but a big caveat is that it is tall!
I am 6'1", with legs disproportionately long for my height, and I wouldn't want it any taller.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

***Well...

419lbs 185hp 102ft/lb

Pure adrenaline.

2014 Ducati 1199 Panigale R
362 lbs dry, 417 lbs wet
195 hp, 98 ft/lb
Base price only $30K:

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/05/03/2014-ducati-1199-panigale-r/

Oh my! That's a sweet lady. Single-sided swing arm, faired exhaust, adjustable rear shock...sexy!!!
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

ryoder

***Heck, I thought my little Ninja 250R was a very good bike for the daily commute, and perfectly fine to take on the highway/motorway... I would not be upset if I just got the same again... Inexpensive bike (to buy and to run), super cheap insurance, statistically low theft, reliable, light, low seat, comfortable riding position, easy to handle, "big bike" look - can't go wrong.

- Better gas mileage.
- Slipper clutch.

I am 6'1", with legs disproportionately long for my height, and I wouldn't want it any taller.

Strange... My 250R was 33 HP... Maybe different specs in the US??

ETA - one problem with the little Ninja is that they don't sell many of them over here... So I either have to buy new or wait until one is for sale... Would prefer to avoid buying new so it could be anywhere from tomorrow to 6 months from now before a second hand one becomes available for sale where it's located near where I live and is good value for money and hasn't been dropped (it is a "newbie bike") et cetera et cetera...
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Nataly

******Heck, I thought my little Ninja 250R was a very good bike for the daily commute, and perfectly fine to take on the highway/motorway... I would not be upset if I just got the same again... Inexpensive bike (to buy and to run), super cheap insurance, statistically low theft, reliable, light, low seat, comfortable riding position, easy to handle, "big bike" look - can't go wrong.

- Better gas mileage.
- Slipper clutch.

Strange... My 250R was 33 HP... Maybe different specs in the US??

I just noticed: US 250 is still carbureted (unlike yours); US 300 is fuel-injected (finally!).

Remster

We must be talking about a different R6 then.

The R6 I know is 122 HP, while the Triple is 104.

Also, the Triple isn't 3 stroke (I'm not sure what a 3 stroke engine would be! ;))... It's a 3 cylinder. The R6 is a 4.

Ah ha ha ha!!! Can't believe I wrote that!!!! I meant three cylinder!!! :D:D:D My brain clearly isn't all it should be when I am posting at 4-5 am!! :D
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss