CanuckInUSA

Who will win the 420 Bowl?

Who's going to win the 420 Bowl (previously known as the Super Bowl)? Putting aside the stoners and their munchies for a second, it should be an interesting game. The Denver Broncos are coming off of a season where they were one of the most productive offenses in NFL history while the Seahawks have a rather good defense to counteract Denver's offense. Personally I think it will come down to the weather. If the weather in Joisey two weeks from now is reasonably good, I like the Broncos to win the game. But if the weather is cold and nasty, it will most likely favor the Seahawk's defense as Broncos HOF QB Payton Manning hasn't always done well in poor weather games.

The Denver Broncos are 2-4 in previous Super Bowl appearances.
The Seattle Seahawks are 0-1 in previous Super Bowl appearances.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I hate the Broncos, and am ok with the Seahawks, so I'd prefer they win. However, they probably won't.

I'm somewhat disappointed there wasn't a "Sum of All Fears"-style attack on the Broncos-Patriots game, though.
cavete terrae.

I'm somewhat disappointed there wasn't a "Sum of All Fears"-style attack on the Broncos-Patriots game, though.

Of course you didn't see it, as it wasn't there. Denver has got some horses on the offensive line. They give Payton 30 minutes to find a reciever and you can't give him that kind of time to find recievers or the end result will be the same as it was when they played NE Pats, and they have a great defensive lineup. Seattle will lose b/c of their qtr back, he has no experience in super bowl play, and he'll be nervous and the Broncos will eat him up. Broncs by 10.

Best-
Richard

CanuckInUSA

Who's going to win the 420 Bowl (previously known as the Super Bowl)? Putting aside the stoners and their munchies for a second, it should be an interesting game. The Denver Broncos are coming off of a season where they were one of the most productive offenses in NFL history while the Seahawks have a rather good defense to counteract Denver's offense. Personally I think it will come down to the weather. If the weather in Joisey two weeks from now is reasonably good, I like the Broncos to win the game. But if the weather is cold and nasty, it will most likely favor the Seahawk's defense as Broncos HOF QB Payton Manning hasn't always done well in poor weather games.

The Denver Broncos are 2-4 in previous Super Bowl appearances.
The Seattle Seahawks are 0-1 in previous Super Bowl appearances.

Its not the 420 Bowl, its Super Bowl CDXX!

Or the Buds Bowl, and the winner is the world because God-karma-the universe smiled on the only 2 states on earth will the footballs to just say no to the police state psychoes who fight a war against the worlds most useful plant.

Jan

Everybody--it's Peyton, not Payton. My money's on Payton.

I mean, Peyton.
"Here's a good specimen of my own wisdom. Something is so, except when it isn't so."

Charles Fort, commenting on the many contradictions of astronomy

Or the Buds Bowl, and the winner is the world because God-karma-the universe smiled on the only 2 states on earth will the footballs to just say no to the police state psychoes who fight a war against the worlds most useful plant.

Good point.....never even thought of that. It IS karma. :)
As a related thought --

Peyton....Peyote ? Wonder what Archie was into 40 years ago ? I doubt it was soap operas.

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

Trafficdiver

I hate Peyton Manning with every fiber of my being.

That's not enought to keep him from winning this if he keeps playing like this.

I hated that motherfucker when he was the Tennessee Vols QB. Beat Alabama every year he played against them and even led the Vols Band in playing Rocky Top after his last win, AT Alabama. Fucker.

But, I have come to appreciate what he has done in the NFL all these years. He's one of those rare generational QBs like Montana, etc. He and his father and brothers run the Manning QB Academy, and A.J. McCarron, the Alabama QB who recently finished up his eligibility with a 36-4 record in 3 years as a starter with 2 national titles, attended the academy every chance he got. That paid off well.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Denver has got some horses on the offensive line. They give Payton 30 minutes to find a reciever and you can't give him that kind of time to find recievers or the end result will be the same as it was when they played NE Pats, and they have a great defensive lineup. Seattle will lose b/c of their qtr back, he has no experience in super bowl play, and he'll be nervous and the Broncos will eat him up. Broncs by 10.

Denver hasn't faced a real defense all season--if you think our defense is the same as the Patriots you're smoking crack ;)

Manning is going to need time to find open receivers because our secondary isn't "just good". Their stats this season are '85 bears legendary.

Your offensive line has only had to give Manning less than 3 seconds of protection as that is how long he holds onto the ball. Any offensive line would look good because nobody can get to the quarterback that fast.

But with a physical seahawk defensive backfield, manning is going to have hold the ball longer giving our pass rush more time. It's going to knock manning off his rhythm, which is not good for him.

I know it's hard for a broncos fan to believe a world exists where the quarterback doesn't make 5,000 pass attempts a game, but seattle is a run-first offense. :D

lynch is going to get his carries, and wilson is going to make his passes when he needs to. percy harvin is going to open up the field and you're going to see baldwin, kearse, and tate getting better looks.

the denver defense hasn't had to play at an elite level this season because they're usually just protecting a lead. i expect them to have to step up in a way they haven't had to all year, and I don't think they're up to the challenge.

seahawks over broncos 28-24.

edited to add: if we're talking who will win the 420 bowl, I would say we already have: http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2022764427_potbeastxml.html

Kansas City Chiefs don't have a good defense? Huh?

The first 9 weeks of the season, sure, they only allowed on average 12.3 points per game.

But going 2-5 over the last seven games allowing on average 22 points per game looks like a collapse to me.

Broncos baby!! If they don't win my wife will kill me for the $$$ I have on the game in the 1st & 4th quarters!

My wife is smoking hot, mad or whatever you want to call it. I lost my tail. I reckon my betting days are over, or I'll be cut-off for the rest of my life. :$ I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Peyton's offensive line couldn't block their grand mothers. Bunch of woosies. If Peyton has any sense, he'll call it a day. Congrats to the Sea Hawks, they played a whale of a game, they deserved the Vince Lombardi trophy. They won fair and square.

Best-
Richard

We have a lot of respect for the broncos--manning personally checked on sherman after the game to see about his injury. He's a legendary quarterback and this game aside he will be rightfully looked at as one of the best in the game--it was just our time. Go hawks!

We have a lot of respect for the broncos--manning personally checked on sherman after the game to see about his injury. He's a legendary quarterback and this game aside he will be rightfully looked at as one of the best in the game--it was just our time. Go hawks!

Here! Here! Like I said, they won the game fair and square. Congrats Sea Hawks. :)
Best-
Richard