Nataly

How to impress your CEO...

oldwomanc6

:o:o:o

Was it his car?

Yes it was... If there were any doubts about my car-sickness, those doubts have been removed. :S
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

turtlespeed

What a nice guy. I'm glad he pulled over for you.

There was no time to stop... :|

In answer to other questions... It's a long-term rental so hence the sticker... I get pretty car sick without alcohool... But the previous night's drinking games probably contributed a little... :$ And it was another colleague who took the picture (at the car-wash, just before it went through).

I thought it would go on the road, but the wind did not let this happen... Luckily, the guy in the back had his window shut!!! We got a lot of stares when we got into town...
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

At least you got the window open. I once had a roommate who was riding in a woman's after drinking too much. He attempted to stick his head out the window, realizing too late that the window was not open.:S

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

At least you got the window open. I once had a roommate who was riding in a woman's after drinking too much. He attempted to stick his head out the window, realizing too late that the window was not open.:S

First, last, and only time I've gotten sick in a car I was stone cold sober, and it was my own car:D:D; I was sitting in the passenger seat and my b.f. was driving. We'd gone on a whitewater rafting trip with a bunch of skydivers, and I started feeling a little wonky on the van ride back to the starting point. I changed clothes, rested, got some fresh air, drank some more water, and thought I was ready for the three+ hour ride home.

We stopped a few minutes out to pick up some sodas, and got back on the road. Unfortunately, my stomach decided to turn itself inside out on a stretch of road with nowhere to pull off, so I was only able to crack open the door in a moving car before everything came back out all over me, the inside of the door, and the door frame. :S:P[:/]

Reason #2353 why he's a keeper ... he helped get the car and me cleaned up enough to go home (fortunately I had a random fugly t-shirt in the trunk that a friend had given me as kind of a gag gift - never thought I'd wear it but at that point I didn't care - it was clean!) and drove the rest of the way home.

Nearest I can figure is that I took in some nasty river water in the rapids; we all ate the same lunch (provided by the rafting company) and since no one else got sick, I doubt very much it was food poisoning.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

NWFlyer

First, last, and only time I've gotten sick in a car I was stone cold sober, and it was my own car:D:D; I was sitting in the passenger seat and my b.f. was driving. We'd gone on a whitewater rafting trip with a bunch of skydivers, and I started feeling a little wonky on the van ride back to the starting point. I changed clothes, rested, got some fresh air, drank some more water, and thought I was ready for the three+ hour ride home.

We stopped a few minutes out to pick up some sodas, and got back on the road. Unfortunately, my stomach decided to turn itself inside out on a stretch of road with nowhere to pull off, so I was only able to crack open the door in a moving car before everything came back out all over me, the inside of the door, and the door frame. :S:P[:/]

Reason #2353 why he's a keeper ... he helped get the car and me cleaned up enough to go home (fortunately I had a random fugly t-shirt in the trunk that a friend had given me as kind of a gag gift - never thought I'd wear it but at that point I didn't care - it was clean!) and drove the rest of the way home.

Nearest I can figure is that I took in some nasty river water in the rapids; we all ate the same lunch (provided by the rafting company) and since no one else got sick, I doubt very much it was food poisoning.

Ugh! You just reminded me of the time I was on a ski trip with a buddy, and got food poisoning at the ski area. That was the longest 5-hour drive home I ever experienced; He drove, and I slumped down in the passengers seat, wishing I'd just go ahead and die. Every once in a while I'd give the signal so he could pull over while I swung the door open.:S
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Nataly

***What a nice guy. I'm glad he pulled over for you.

There was no time to stop... :|

In answer to other questions... It's a long-term rental so hence the sticker... I get pretty car sick without alcohool... But the previous night's drinking games probably contributed a little... :$ And it was another colleague who took the picture (at the car-wash, just before it went through).

I thought it would go on the road, but the wind did not let this happen... Luckily, the guy in the back had his window shut!!! We got a lot of stares when we got into town...

Laugh all you want to. I was in the backseat on the way home from my sister's wedding. My "little" brother was in the front seat, and all the windows were open (car did not have AC).

Next thing I know, I am covered head to waist in puke.:o Out the window and straight back in on ME!

There is a ray of sunshine in this story, however; I was dressed in the most hideous bridesmaid dress of all time. It was in the late '80s. So,if you can imagine the most puffy-sleaved, off the shoulder, tutu-skirted tulle abortion from the runway ever; multiply that by 3.6. Throw some teal paint, and then explode a glitter bomb, you still don't have a clue how bad it was.

No one ever asked why I never felt the need to wear it ever again. :ph34r:
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

tan

Based on the splash pattern, some of it got back into the car huh.. :|

Nope :)
Thanks for all the stories!! :D:D

I have always had car sickness. When I was a kid, I once puked all over my dad (and he was wearing his best suit)... He was in the back seat because my brother and sister were fighting... Meanwhile, I was too busy feeling green... Then all of a sudden, I said "dad, I don't feel" bleeeeeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuuuu - all over him, the back seat, a little on my sister, some in my hair... Hmmm... I puked on my ex once. He was so good about it. I puked next to another ex once and I never saw him again! (I have a lot of puke stories - this is the first where alcohol probably did not help, though it was not the root cause...)

The only way I don't feel sick is if I am the one driving. Now I can usually (but not always) hold it in if it's a short drive. On this occasion, it was 2+ hours of driving down windy mountain roads. :S[:/]

Problem is, I feel like I could just die the entire time, but I only get about half a second's warning before projectile vomit actually comes out... :|:| Water does *not* help, neither does cracking the window open or sitting in the front or stopping and walking around (all of which my colleagues had suggested - and I politely tried - and I told them it was no use, but did they believe me???). The only thing that works: not being a passenger in the car.
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

oldwomanc6

Laugh all you want to. I was in the backseat on the way home from my sister's wedding. My "little" brother was in the front seat, and all the windows were open (car did not have AC).

Next thing I know, I am covered head to waist in puke.:o Out the window and straight back in on ME!

There is a ray of sunshine in this story, however; I was dressed in the most hideous bridesmaid dress of all time. It was in the late '80s. So,if you can imagine the most puffy-sleaved, off the shoulder, tutu-skirted tulle abortion from the runway ever; multiply that by 3.6. Throw some teal paint, and then explode a glitter bomb, you still don't have a clue how bad it was.

No one ever asked why I never felt the need to wear it ever again. :ph34r:

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss