LuckyMcSwervy

Your House Is On Fire...

grue

The latter because it took for. Fucking. EVER to rip all the DVDs and BluRays. Months. I could do it again but I'd rather not.

If you own a DVD/BluRay and want to have it ripped whats the difference between doing it yourself and letting someone else do it for your (ie. downloading a torrent). The only thing I can think of is that you get to decide the quality settings but beyond that I don't see why bother doing it yourself.
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

Arvoitus

If you own a DVD/BluRay and want to have it ripped whats the difference between doing it yourself and letting someone else do it for your (ie. downloading a torrent). The only thing I can think of is that you get to decide the quality settings but beyond that I don't see why bother doing it yourself.

Mostly quality settings. I used to work in film post and barely escaped with my sanity, but I also ended up as a picture quality nazi. That and it gives me better control over commentary tracks, muxed subtitles, etc.
cavete terrae.

My shinken. It can't be replaced.

Am I the only one using dropbox? All of my electronics are linked to it. If I take a picture with my smart phone or tablet, by the time I get to my laptop to post it online, the photo is on dropbox via the wifi. If I am out and about when I take pictures, as soon as I get home, my smart device has connected to my wifi and uploaded my pictures.

Destroy any of my devices and all I need is a new device and about thirty minutes to set it all to rights. Dropbox is not the only service out there.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

What about the married ones? :P

Good thinking on the O2 molecules. :D

Ahhhhh the married ones!!!!
well when they ARE married it would be to a Hydrogen,, and oxygen is a polygamist
so it's to TWO Hydrogens....
which is H2O,,, which is WATER.... and THAT helps knock down that fire,,, as well......:S;)

jmy

Some of them take it a step further and form a plural marriage of H2O2. That just complicates things something awful.

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

My Watch Winder since it has all my watches in it and everything else of importance are already in 90 minute safes. Actually need to finish putting everything in the new safe after our move. Good reminder to get that done thanks :)

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

labrys

Well... I've been there. I didn't go inside because I didn't have magical powers. The things I've never stopped regretting losing are my family photo albums.

Me too...eight years ago got a call at work that the house was on fire. Sucked wholesale losing 20 years worth of pic's...sucked worse losing our cat Garcia.

Had a bunch of the pic's scanned and backed up on a disc...the disc in a drawer right under the PC ...that burned to the ground. Learned that lesson the hard way.

mrubin

My computer. I don't care so much about the machine, but I could never replace all the photos on it.

Probably the same thing for me. Good idea to go get a 1 terabyte flash drive if there is one and transfer every important file to it. Then keep it plugged in the USB outlet. So, if a fire starts, just grab it and go.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

True story -

I had to go back to main post one time during a field exercise. A buddy asked me to call his wife (this is pre-cell phones) and check on his dogs. Then he says to ask about the kids, too. Then, he realizes what he said and told me to ask about the kids first.

I called his wife and told her he wanted me to check on her and the kids. She told me how the kids were doing in school, one lost a tooth, etc. Then, I asked her how the dogs were... Pregnant pause. She said, "He asked about the dogs first, didn't he?" I couldn't answer her. I was laughing too hard.

I was recently reading article about whether adolescence was harder on parents than on the kids. One of it's recommendations for the parents of an adolescent was to have at least one dog; "Then there will always be someone who is happy to see you when you get home.":D

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

You want to see who loves you?

Lock your wife and your dog in the trunk of your car for an hour. Open the trunk. Which one is happy to see you?

catfishhunter

My Watch Winder since it has all my watches in it and everything else of importance are already in 90 minute safes. Actually need to finish putting everything in the new safe after our move. Good reminder to get that done thanks :)

;)

This event actually reminded me I need to move some more things to the bank vault. Nothing of great monetary value, more sentimental.
Always be kinder than you feel.