promise5

What is a random fact about you that people might not know.

FlyingRhenquest

***I have a seperate dresser for my bras and undies.

I... thought they were the same thing...

I can do a frighteningly accurate Bill Clinton voice when I put my mind to it. Sadly, I have to get into character by saying "I'd like to hump Monica Lewinsky", which pretty much kills the act at children's parties.

Back in the late 90's, I got coaxed into entering the Miss Deaf amabalA pageant (deaf guys dressed like women) by my then-girlfriend-now-wife. We had to dress up and present ourselves as a female character. I went as Monica Lewinski. Even had the blue dress. All entrants had to announce their character names. Got a lot of guffaws when I did.

What I didn't know was the emcee was going to ask all the entrants the same question and they all had to give their answers. The question was, "If you met the US president, what would you do?" OMG... :o

Unfortunately, I had to give the clean version. "I already did. I miss him." :D

Best laugh of the evening. Had them rolling in stitches.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

dzswoop717

Thanks for the link. I need to learn how to do that. I have just enough computer knowledge to post here.

I can't figure out how to work a computer most of the time.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

theonlyski

***Thanks for the link. I need to learn how to do that. I have just enough computer knowledge to post here.

Just treat it like your dick.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

wmw999

I failed the only computer science class I took in college. This was less than 10 years before a 25-year career as a computer programmer :ph34r:.

Wendy P.

Most of the CS classes I took had very little to do with programming in a business environment. And even though a couple of them may have been applicable, I've seen very few other programmers actually apply what they learned there in a business environment. Take Data Structures. Perfect example. I took it in college and since then have probably written 8 or 9 linked list implementations (Which usually have FIFO and LIFO stack accessor functions built in,) 2 or 3 hash tables and a LOT of btrees at various companies. I've never seen another professional programmer write an implementation of any of those things. Mmm scratch that, there were some excellent examples in the original AT&T UNIX source when I had to audit it for security holes. Those guys were truly exceptional programmers.

Admittedly it's not such a big deal with the advent of Java, but it's not that common that I see people use the data structures java gives them correctly either. They just put everything in a hash and access it with hard-coded strings. Brilliant.

I got a clue as to why when my nephew asked me some questions about the CS class he was taking a couple months ago. One of the items on his assignment was trying to introduce them to design patterns and wanted them to write a singleton as an example. A fucking singleton! Sure it's easy (As long as you're not in a multi-threaded environment,) but they've been so abused (probably because they're the first and often only one anyone ever learns,) that there's no way in hell you're ever getting one past a design review board. Even when one might be justified. People grumble and say they're better than global variables, but they're not!

Here's a second one for me, since it's just us talking here. I've justified the use of GOTO in C programs three times over the course of my 20+ year career. I probably could have worked around using them, but I really didn't want to. I delight in the idea that somewhere deep in the General Electric inventory system still lives a GOTO that I put there.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

BillyVance

******I have a seperate dresser for my bras and undies.

I can do a frighteningly accurate Bill Clinton voice when I put my mind to it. Sadly, I have to get into character by saying "I'd like to hump Monica Lewinsky", which pretty much kills the act at children's parties.

Back in the late 90's, I got coaxed into entering the Miss Deaf amabalA pageant (deaf guys dressed like women) by my then-girlfriend-now-wife. We had to dress up and present ourselves as a female character. I went as Monica Lewinski. Even had the blue dress. All entrants had to announce their character names. Got a lot of guffaws when I did.

What I didn't know was the emcee was going to ask all the entrants the same question and they all had to give their answers. The question was, "If you met the US president, what would you do?" OMG... :o

You go out in public dressed in women's clothing and you think the people here would be shocked by that? Really?
:P

david3

*********I have a seperate dresser for my bras and undies.

You go out in public dressed in women's clothing and you think the people here would be shocked by that? Really?
:P

Shocked . . . Nooo. But when Divot and Billy dance . . . Watch the fuck out! Nobody puts Billy in a corner.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

theonlyski

***Thanks for the link. I need to learn how to do that. I have just enough computer knowledge to post here.

Liar.

I like to binge on shows. I typically watch from start to current of only one show at a time and have a hard time watching other shows until each one is finished.

I've been elected to the city council 5 times (four year terms) and unless I die in office will be the longest serving council member ever.

And I was on page three of the Weekly World News in 1987 with two photos. "Miracle in the Sky - Tree Snags Unopened Parachute and Saves Skydiver."
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

councilman24

I've been elected to the city council 5 times (four year terms) and unless I die in office will be the longest serving council member ever.

And I was on page three of the Weekly World News in 1987 with two photos. "Miracle in the Sky - Tree Snags Unopened Parachute and Saves Skydiver."

You streamered into a tree???:o
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

More or less. PC in tow on 1800' exit at demo into ski area. Both canopies were starting to inflate as I hit the tree. Not full streamer speed. Ended up 40' up a tree half way up a ski hill suspended by both canopies with a shattered tibia.. Volunteer fire had no idea how to get me down. I ran own rescue since I was used to getting students out of trees.;)

I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

councilman24

More or less. PC in tow on 1800' exit at demo into ski area. Both canopies were starting to inflate as I hit the tree. Not full streamer speed. Ended up 40' up a tree half way up a ski hill suspended by both canopies with a shattered tibia.. Volunteer fire had no idea how to get me down. I ran own rescue since I was used to getting students out of trees.;)

IIRC wasn't there also a skinny little guy named Dan Gale who jumped at Austin Lake, and once made a tree-assisted "landing" with a mal?
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.