grue

So do you assholes only watch the summer olympics, or what?

There's been some good stuff already at these olympics, if you haven't been watching, you're missing out! B|

…and if any of y'all wanna talk about the non-sporting parts of the event, Speakers Corner is there for you :D
cavete terrae.

I'm not into the olympics, or TV for that matter.

I've never really liked the olympics (though I think summer's worse). To me it was some extremely dirty competition where countries would go all out to one-up each other (China) just to see who's better at something.

I'm not saying everything or everyone's like that, just that I get a much worse vibe from it than watching skydiving on youtube ;)

When I was a kid and through my teens/early 20s, I loveeeeed the Olympics (moreso the summer games) as I was very athletic and pretty competitive (gymnast/ballet dancer).

Back in the day, which was a Wednesday by the way, a lot of little girls dreamed of being the next Nadia Comaneci or Dorothy Hamill. The gymnastics always lit a fire under my ass. I remember watching the high diving and would talk my middle brother into doing the stupidest shit off the diving board in the backyard pool all in the name of competition.

There's a jumper from Cross Keys on the Olympic Gymnastic team who went to London in 2012 to compete. He's amazing at the trampoline. I kept track of the games that year as a proud friend. He's a great young man and a good role model for kids. Wish there were more people like him in the world!
Always be kinder than you feel.

Hi grue

What!

I don't want to confuse the issue with the facts,

But unless your a

Muff bro

Or a

Muff bro with bumps. (sister)

you haven't earned the right to call anyone a jumper ass hole.

Enjoy the olympics ass hole:D

I don't really enjoy watching sports at all, and the bigger the event the more of a bore it is for me because it's inescapable. The Wimbledon tennis championships, the football (note: not hand-egg) World Cup... these make me want to crawl into a cave and stay there until they're over and people are talking about something else again.

That said, London 2012 was the first time in a long time I'd experienced anything akin to national pride. Like your typical cynical Brit I'd been convinced we were going to screw it up, and I was happy to eat my words when it turned out to be something of a triumph.

I love watching the Olympics! I'm like McSwervy; I spent my childhood as an athlete (competitive swimmer), so I had those Olympic dreams too. I admire anyone who is able to compete at the level that these people do. It makes me tear up to see them tear up on the medal stands, no matter which country they come from. How wonderful it would be to represent your country like that!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Well!

I was busy all day but wanted to see Sage's Slopestyle run. Couldn't find an online video of it anywhere. Lots of interviews, and stills, but no video, even on NBC which apparently has all the rights.

Is there a copyright issue?

I'd also like to watch the downhill race, and bobsled.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

skymama

I love watching the Olympics! I'm like McSwervy; I spent my childhood as an athlete (competitive swimmer), so I had those Olympic dreams too. I admire anyone who is able to compete at the level that these people do. It makes me tear up to see them tear up on the medal stands, no matter which country they come from. How wonderful it would be to represent your country like that!

Hi moms

I've met a vew people over the years that competed in the Olympics, at least one made it to the medal stand, but they are so competitive, she was disapointed she and her team didn't make it to the gold.

I told them, But lady, dude you were able to compete in the Olympics, that says a lot for your drive and dedication to your sport and the support you received from your parents.

When you were swimming did you get up early thirty to go to the pool to get in some extra lap time? Did your folks have to drive you to the pool at that hr when they would have rather stayed in bed?

Be well
congrats on your wedding
R.

I don't make it a point to watch any of it, but last night I watched a few events. I like women's figure skating (go figure), any kind of racing event, Nordic ski flying and a few other events. But with the huge number of commercials I was having to sit thru, I kept channel surfing back to the NHRA top fuel event on another channel. That's another sport I enjoy.;):D

I stayed up late last night to watch the Men's Downhill Race live. It was pretty good. The course is definitely challenging and long which tested the competitors (though it is no Hahnenkamm from Kitzbuhel). I won't tell you who won in case you want to watch the race and haven't seen it yet. But the race has been over for more than 7 hours now, and Americans still need to wait a good 8-10 hours before NBC shows it to them and then of course Americans will only see about 5-7 racers out of the field of 50 racers whereas I saw about 45 of the 50 competitors race (TV commercials meant I did not get to see all 50 guys). I wonder if Americans are aware of the sub-standard "anything but live" coverage they are always spoon fed by NBC. Maybe that is why a lot of people here do not talk about the Olympics. Maybe they are aware of the garbage NBC feeds them. :ph34r:

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

grue

There's been some good stuff already at these olympics, if you haven't been watching, you're missing out! B|

…and if any of y'all wanna talk about the non-sporting parts of the event, Speakers Corner is there for you :D

I won't sit through all those commercials.

I might watch them if they get on netflix.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I was busy all day but wanted to see Sage's Slopestyle run.

It was awesome. Some huge tricks and a lot more variety than the others.

Women's slopestyle this morning was also quality. They don't have the strength to throw as many rotations as the guys but they were going just as big off the kickers and crashing just as hard:P Plus it had GB's first ever medal on snow and probably the hottest athlete in the entire games in Silje Nordegren!
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Plus it had GB's first ever medal on snow and probably the hottest athlete in the entire games in Silje Nordegren

Congrats on the medal. Silje is a hottie, but we (Canuckleheads) have more than one hottie at these games who are winners. We have the Dufour-Lapointe sisters. Not only did Justine Dufour-Lapointe just win the gold in womens moguls and her sister Chloe taking silver. But there is a slightly older third sister Maxime who was also competing in the same event and paved the way for her younger sisters in their Olympic skiing careers.

Wait a sec: isn't Silje Norendal from Norway? Jenny Jones is the Brit who won the bronze.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

JohnMitchell

***PVR everything and then flash through All of the damned adverts.. Simples

True. Maybe I will tonight. That's how I watch football (American) BTW. B|

Soccer? I DVR the whole game and watch it ALL on F/F. ;):P:D

Ya have to or die of boredom.[:/]
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Wait a sec: isn't Silje Norendal from Norway? Jenny Jones is the Brit who won the bronze.

Yep, they were two seperate statements.

Jenny Jones is hot and won a medal, Norendal is just ridiculously freakin' hot.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

jakee

Yep, they were two seperate statements.

Jenny Jones is hot and won a medal, Norendal is just ridiculously freakin' hot.

DAYUM! https://www.google.com/search?q=Norendal&espv=210&es_sm=119&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=09n3Uu_2JMPmyQH1sYGoAg&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1231&bih=1035:)
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.