LuckyMcSwervy

Philip Seymour Hoffman Found Dead

davjohns

I am not on-board with the idea that drugs unleashed their ability.

"Unleashed" wouldn't be the right word. It's more like, "helped facilitate." Just like it's possible for an athlete to be an athlete without steroids, it's possible to be creative without drugs and alcohol. That said, there are an awful lot of both athletes and creatives who have sought out an edge over their tasks or found it accidentally.

I could go on and on about the creative process, but drugs and alcohol are pretty well documented at lowering inhibitions and loosening rigid ways of looking at things. The problem isn't so much their use, but their overuse and that is tragic.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

(CNN) -- Police investigating the death of actor Philip Seymour Hoffman have found close to 50 envelopes of what they believe is heroin in his Manhattan apartment, two law enforcement sources familiar with the inquiry said Monday.

Hard to feel any sympathy for the guy.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

(CNN) -- Police investigating the death of actor Philip Seymour Hoffman have found close to 50 envelopes of what they believe is heroin in his Manhattan apartment, two law enforcement sources familiar with the inquiry said Monday.

I feel bad for his kids. Someone didn't love their kids enough to stay clean. That's what I said about my brother.
Always be kinder than you feel.

Neighbors were over to eat and watch the game and this subject came up.
Andrea was reading the details and asked what glassine bags were for and why they burn the heroin in a spoon.
I was explaining it to her when the neighbor gave a perfectly clear explanation for all of it. Precise even.
Huh.
Didn't see that one coming.
:|

I think a lot of humans make choices they fully understand the consequences of.
I also have no sympathy for those that make those choices and suffer the consequences.

"Milk blood to keep from running out."
:S

normiss

Andrea was reading the details and asked what glassine bags were for and why they burn the heroin in a spoon.
I was explaining it to her when the neighbor gave a perfectly clear explanation for all of it. Precise even.
Huh.
Didn't see that one coming.
:|

I think a lot of humans make choices they fully understand the consequences of.
I also have no sympathy for those that make those choices and suffer the consequences.

"Milk blood to keep from running out."
:S

Any chance the neighbors were cops and had experience with all of that stuff from from working? :o

MikeJD

Hmm. Reads like one of those comments you see on news stories about skydiving fatalities.

We are quite sure he's dead, pretty damn sure (pending autopsy) it was due to an OD on illegal drugs, and I find it quite credible that more was found in his apartment.

I see little parallel to skydiving.

Junkies piss me off. :(

Addiction pisses me off, not the people who are afflicted by it. I'm guessing most "junkies" would prefer to have healthier lives.

This one is a particularly sad case. So many years clean, and that beast is always there waiting.

kallend

Hmm. Reads like one of those comments you see on news stories about skydiving fatalities.

We are quite sure he's dead, pretty damn sure (pending autopsy) it was due to an OD on illegal drugs, and I find it quite credible that more was found in his apartment.

How about swooping?
quade -

Mach1dmb

He was great in Twister and Almost Famous

Lester Bangs, dead of an overdose. These people are not your friends...they fly you around, give you chicks and drugs so you write some sactimonous bs about them.

Well played, both of them.
It's called the Hillbilly Hop N Pop dude.
If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough.
That's fucked up. Watermelons do not grow on trees! ~Skymama

normiss

For the life of me I will never understand the obsession with "stars".

People they come together
People they fall apart
No one can stop us now
'Cause we are all made of stars

Some philosopher.;)
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

normiss

For the life of me I will never understand the obsession with "stars".

You should probably take a couple of course in anthropology. It's hard wired into us as a group survival mechanism. We pay attention to successful people whether they're on the way up or down in order to learn lessons from them.
quade -

quade

How about swooping?

Last time I checked, Heroin was illegal in all US states and almost all nations.

normiss

Mind explaining it to us?

Phillbo

***Neighbors were over to eat and watch the game and this subject came up.

Mind explaining it to us?

The heat liquifies the heroin so it can be pulled into the syringe for intravenous delivery. The spoon is metal much like a pot/pan you'd use on the stove top but much smaller so you don't liquify more than you'd use right away in the syringe. Can't waste the good shit. Plus, it's handier to have a spoon and lighter (heat source) on you than a stove. The glassine bags are for distributing the drugs into bundles/bricks for consistent distribution weights. Depends on the glassine bag size too. Glassine bags = bundles = bricks.