LuckyMcSwervy

Philip Seymour Hoffman Found Dead

Loved PSH. Such a great actor.

As for the comments about "junkies," quite a bit of art wouldn't exist without them. I'm not advocating it, but drugs have played a huge role in opening up the creative process for a number of artists throughout history. It's certainly not my place to judge.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

As for the comments about "junkies," quite a bit of art wouldn't exist without them. I'm not advocating it, but drugs have played a huge role in opening up the creative process for a number of artists throughout history. It's certainly not my place to judge.

Hehe...it's also shut down the creative process for a number of artists. Here's a good list.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_drug-related_deaths

I'm not disagreeing with your position. I'm wondering if those folks would have been notable at all without drug use.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

quade

Sadly, that really is the truth from what I hear about the creative processes of some. I had a junkie brother (not an artist) who died from a heroin overdose while IN rehab. This kind of news hits close to home for me. Pisses me off and makes me sad for those he's left behind. :(
Always be kinder than you feel.

LuckyMcSwervy

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/02/02/philip-seymour-hoffman-found-dead-in-nyc-apartment-from-apparent-drug-overdose/

Sad to say but I'm not surprised. In my opinion, he was a very good actor. Junkies piss me off. :(

Someone just cleaned up in the CDP.[:/]
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

The needle was reportedly still in his arm when he was found. There's been a ton of warnings all over the NJ/NYC/Philadelphia area lately about a ton of bad shit being sold but I can't remember the names stamped on the envelopes. I wonder if he got a hot batch? Cops in a nearby county are being trained carry and administer Narcan.

http://www.nj.com/ocean/index.ssf/2013/12/police_in_ocean_county_to_start_carrying_heroin_antidote.html

turtlespeed

***http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/02/02/philip-seymour-hoffman-found-dead-in-nyc-apartment-from-apparent-drug-overdose/

Sad to say but I'm not surprised. In my opinion, he was a very good actor. Junkies piss me off. :(

I just joked my pick would've been PSH or Justin Beiber. :P

LuckyMcSwervy

******http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/02/02/philip-seymour-hoffman-found-dead-in-nyc-apartment-from-apparent-drug-overdose/

I just joked my pick would've been PSH or Justin Beiber. :P

The world would have beeter off with out one of those, PSH was one that should have stayed.:P
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

airtwardo

Wow...didn't know the name but definitely knew the face.

I was just watching Mission Impossible the other night...a remarkable talent.

He was definitely an "under the radar" actor. Supporting stuff for a long time.

Very good actor, sad to hear.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

I like him as an actor. Sorry about his loss, but hardly shocking given the history.

I am not on-board with the idea that drugs unleashed their ability. I wonder if the mental / emotional processes that are often a part of entertainers is also linked to addictive personality or some other issue that seeks drugs.

It becomes a question of cause and effect (chicken and egg). Did drugs unleash their creativity, or did their creativity lead to drugs? Even knowing which presented first doesn't answer the question.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

I agree, (tears of a clown and all that?) it's a shame for his family and friends .... but he or people around him knew what he was getting into.. All in all, I have little sympathy for self destructive people - there are plenty of people and organisation out there that are prepared to help them.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome