baronn

Old guys RULE!!!!!!!

The power has come up a bit but, the big breakthrough has been in the driveline. Staged clutches and air shifters are what's makin this possible. John Force set the low ET at 3.966 in Pomona, then came back and knocked .001 off that. Oh and he won the opening race of the season. And lets not forget his 2 daughters that also race.
On a sad note, RIP to Don Garlits Amazing wife Pat. The 1st Lady if drag racing for many years.

thats the success of the engineers/technicians who built the car, not the guy who sat inside it and pressed the Go-button.

It is a little like the football being proud it was passed and caught for a touchdown.
For the same reason I jump off a perfectly good diving board.

That is so cool, I'm so glad it was his team. He has the most amazing smile, even when he does not win. He always looks happy and has a great attitude.

For those interested, Doug Foley has a great drag racing class that travels mostly on the east coast of the US. It's fun.

-Lisa

hats off to them as well, but credit where credit is due - not everyone can handle those animals, if you have ever seen a driver lose traction and pedal it like crazy to keep the car off the wall and intact at over 200 then you know some people do have crazy mad skillz :)
but yeah, without those mad scientists poking and tweaking - they would be driving a touch slower :P

I met John Force at seattle international raceway in Kent Wa. years ago, what an amazing driver and one hell of a nice guy - at that time I was running the 9.90 index on my Suzuki - he called us bike racers crazy if you can imagine :D compared to him - sloowww motion

Roy

They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.