uberchris

forum question

this is what ive been pondering for a while, and im not trying to start shit, but seriously this is all i have noticed about this whack assed forum.

why is it, that these moderators, ISNTANTLY delete any wise ass comment that i throw into random forums that i understand is off topic?, i do it just because im a sarcastic skydiver (that everyone loves),
but when an OP asks an honest question about wingloading, downsizing, or getting a bigger wingsuit, and the community gets off the topic and starts attacking said OP about "you shouldnt do this or that with your jump numbers" and going completely off the post topic, the moderators dont do shit but let everyone argue..........
this is a serious question, and if youre gonna ban me for it, then goodbye and blue skies. ill go skydiving
gravity brings me down.........

Wise ass comments belong in Bonfire, Speakers Corner and in DB Cooper thread (shudder, never go in there, they eat their young).

Topical forums are supposed to stay on topic. Linking jump numbers to downsizing/cameras/wingsuits actually is on topic.

As others have said, if you don't like the way the rules are applied, there are plenty of other sandboxes to play in on the interwebz.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

No monkey, asking a specific question and then getting mobbed on is not on topic. If you want to bring up safety when when someone asks a direct qestion, do it in a seperate topic in the safety forum. And
I dont play here unless i have a rigging or wingsuit question 99 out of 100 times. ;)

oldwomanc6

******What's sarcasm? :$

What's a rhetorical question?
I don't need to answer that, do I?

Are you full of rhetoric?;)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

i do it just because im a sarcastic skydiver (that everyone loves),

Obviously, not everyone. :P
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

And Monkey had the right answer. Keep your sarcasm to Bonfire or Speaker's Corner and your posts will probably stay up. Have you read the forum rules?

Off Topic Replies and "Thread Hijacking"
"Drifting" threads are subject to locking or deleting. Replies to topics started by another user should remain within the context of the initial post. While we recognize that discussions often diverge and evolve, threads or responses that are completely irrelevant to the initial post will most likely be deleted or split into two different threads.

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

uberchris

this is what ive been pondering for a while, and im not trying to start shit, but seriously this is all i have noticed about this whack assed forum.

why is it, that these moderators, ISNTANTLY delete any wise ass comment that i throw into random forums that i understand is off topic?, i do it just because im a sarcastic skydiver (that everyone loves),
but when an OP asks an honest question about wingloading, downsizing, or getting a bigger wingsuit, and the community gets off the topic and starts attacking said OP about "you shouldnt do this or that with your jump numbers" and going completely off the post topic, the moderators dont do shit but let everyone argue..........
this is a serious question, and if youre gonna ban me for it, then goodbye and blue skies. ill go skydiving

I think they do it to you because your wing loading on your reserve is 1.7 and at you jump # that is not safe. But then that is not safe at any jump number.

What you call attacking is people offering advice that may save the posters life if they care to listen. They are not trying to put anyone down or keep them from having fun. Most of them are sincere and the advice they give is free.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

LuckyMcSwervy

Hey Chris - How about you take a break from the other forums and have some silly, no stress, fun here in Bonfire? B|

You shush, we almost have him banned.:)

JK Chris.>:(
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

LuckyMcSwervy

******Hey Chris - How about you take a break from the other forums and have some silly, no stress, fun here in Bonfire? B|

You shush, we almost have him banned.:)

JK Chris.>:(

:o:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::P

Don’t feed the crybabies. :P:)
Sparky

mjosparky

***this is what ive been pondering for a while, and im not trying to start shit, but seriously this is all i have noticed about this whack assed forum.

I think they do it to you because your wing loading on your reserve is 1.7 and at you jump # that is not safe. But then that is not safe at any jump number.

What you call attacking is people offering advice that may save the posters life if they care to listen. They are not trying to put anyone down or keep them from having fun. Most of them are sincere and the advice they give is free.

Sparky

I got to jump my PD reserve at Lost Prairie.. it was loaded at 1.7 to 1.. that was a mighty sporty landing with that thin assed hot air.. definitely a hell of a turf surf and butt slide..
Yeah not so much fun... but very memorable.

Amazon

******this is what ive been pondering for a while, and im not trying to start shit, but seriously this is all i have noticed about this whack assed forum.

Sparky

I got to jump my PD reserve at Lost Prairie.. it was loaded at 1.7 to 1.. that was a mighty sporty landing with that thin assed hot air.. definitely a hell of a turf surf and butt slide..
Yeah not so much fun... but very memorable.

Yea, but you are a lot tougher than this latest crop of noobs. Plus how many 7 cell jumps have you made Darlin? ;)

Sparky

uberchris

Don't feel bad. Whenever I post the thread usually comes to a screeching halt. My name oughta be "Threadkiller".

jon

well not that im any better than any noob or person with my jump numbers, but ive had two reserve rides with standups on this reserve. and i think that it helps that i routinely jump a seven cell, into nasty little landing areas the size of a small trail with lots of obstacles in my way. though thats with a 305, not a 126.

and for the record, im NOT gonna pull a Sangi. i sure hope hes doing better and is trying to make the best of the hand hes been delt.

everyone that knows me knows my wingloading, and reminds me that its not when everything goes right that youre gonna have a fucked landing on your reserve, its when it all goes wrong, which it does. at the end of the day its my choice.

someone brought up a very good point via PM in regards to my original question, so please forgive my drunken rant yesterday. as long as were all having fun who gives a fuck.
cheers