JohnMitchell

What's your canopy risk score?

Hmmm...i would be really curious to see what weights were applied to various questions. My score was much higher than i anticipated but I would hypothesis its due to that fact that I didnt make many skydives last year and none in the last month.

500+ jumps, 5 + years in sport, 150+ on current canopy, 2 years on current canopy, 149sqft, 1.3-1.4WL, always land within a few meters.

Still scored a 39?
Fiend

I am about to take my last voyage, a great leap in the dark. - Thomas Hobbes.

I've got you all beat. I scored a 40! :o And I jump a Triathlon with over 500 jumps on it.

Well, 5 jumps since September 2010 (all at Fitzgerald, GA last March) will do that.

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

BillyVance

I've got you all beat. I scored a 40! :o And I jump a Triathlon with over 500 jumps on it.

Well, 5 jumps since September 2010 (all at Fitzgerald, GA last March) will do that.

Meh.
You only tied with me.:P
No doubt because of the currency thing.
And silly thing is my wingloading has dropped because I'm 15# lighter than when I last jumped.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

***I've got you all beat. I scored a 40! :o And I jump a Triathlon with over 500 jumps on it.

Meh.
You only tied with me.:P
No doubt because of the currency thing.
And silly thing is my wingloading has dropped because I'm 15# lighter than when I last jumped.

Wondering how high the score can go? I'm done with lunch break but if anybody wants to fiddle with the questionnaire to jack up the score, let me know how it worked. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

BillyVance

Wondering how high the score can go? I'm done with lunch break but if anybody wants to fiddle with the questionnaire to jack up the score, let me know how it worked. :D

I got 77!B|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

wolfriverjoe

36. High end of "average" risk.

It looks like it's weighted pretty heavily on currency and training.

Yeah, and my almost 6K jumps counts the same as having 2000. My wingloading is just a shade over 1.3, but that range goes from 1.3 to 1.7, a rather large range. I think some of the metrics could be finer spaced.

38. Not very current.

But I think if we are all honest, we will find that most skydivers fall within a risky range. Most skydivers don't get much canopy training, don't actively try to progress under canopy or regularly dedicate a skydive to flying their parachute... It's a wonder there aren't more accidents :|

"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

I got 40 :$. I got around 20 of those points from having made fewer than 50 jumps in the last year, and fewer than 10 in the last month, along with not having taken a canopy class on this canopy, and having done fewer than 5 high hop and pops on it.

None of those are likely to change. My current canopy is more docile than the last one, and I don't think I'm going to be jumping tons more per year. So such is life.

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)