fool

anyone heard of a griffon (sp???)

A friend asked me about a parachute called that, just curious if anyone knows anything....

S.E.X. party #1

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "f*#k, what a ride".

It's a Griffen.

It a square (non-tapered/ellipitical) zero-p canopy. Not a bad canopy but not great either. I don't think the manufacturer is in business anymore, but I can't think of the name right now. I'm pretty sure they were made in Georgia

Like KOZ said. It is a square nine cell canopy.
Made in GA. I think.

It almost looks like it is bigger in the front than the back.

Not a bad canopy, but never really made in a large number even though it was made for a number of years.

If I remember correctly, the guy made them himself, and at one time in his basement.

I *think* the guy died a few years ago, and that it is not made anymore. But it has been years since I have seen one (maybe 3-4).

I have a few jumps on a 120 Griffen, and it was not bad.

If you can get one cheaper than a Sabre, its not a bad deal. But not a canopy I would call "Fantastic" and its limited run and the company being so small or out of business makes things like line sets harder to get.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

thanks to all of you for the info. Neither one of us had heard about it, kinda thought someone here would have.

S.E.X. party #1

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "f*#k, what a ride".

Are you guys thinking of APS? The maker of the Bogy Reserve?

I have no idea.

I had never heard of a Griffen until I was stationed at Bragg...A few guys had them and liked them. I jumped one a few times...

Thats all the info I have on them
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

The Griffin was made by Aero Glide. The canopy is a 9 cell with a 7 cell brother called the Gargoyle. Collis Griffin was the owner of Aero Glide and developed the canopy around 1997. After Collis passed away due to cancer his widow Mary who had worked at one time for Flight Concepts forwarded the templates to them. They produced a few Griffins for people who requested them.

jumpervali