Roxxx

HELP! If Rigger Keeps Skydiver Gear?...

What does a skydiver do if their rigger keeps their gear?
I've been asking for it since last December 2013. [:/]

Do you owe them any $$$? If not, tell your rigger if he does not release your gear upon your written request or immediately or you'll report it stolen. The rigger is in theory stealing it. Have you seen the rig, do you know if he still has it or not? Drag him behind the hanger and beat the tar out of him!;) J/K :)
Best-
Richard

He must have a reason, which you are not conveying here?
From December till now is a long time to be holding your gear?

You owe him money?
He thinks the gear is unsafe?
Something else??
Watch my video Fat Women
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRWkEky8GoI

He must have a reason, which you are not conveying here? From December till now is a long time to be holding your gear. You owe him money? He thinks the gear is unsafe Something else??

I don't believe all the truth of this matter is being told here. I hope I'm wrong. There's a reason the gear hasn't been returned as of yet. Could be the rigger grounded the thing? I've never had anything like this happen, anywhere. Maybe the rigger grounded the doggone thing?

Best-
Richard

I don't believe all the truth of this matter is being told here.

Riggers don't keep peoples rigs for no reason. If you don't owe $$$ then what has he told you when you ask for it?? C'mon inquiring minds wanna know!! B|

Best-
Richard

I jumped it with him last July. I gave him prepaid shipping labels. It was to be sent to Louisiana. I moved to CA in October. He had not sent it, so I said to wait till I got back to him to see if if it should be sent to LA or CA.
I got back to him within two months and said to ship to Louisiana. He said he would send it around Xmas 2013. It was never sent.
He said he was working a job and did not have time, then four months later, he said his grandfather had died, next he and his girlfriend had broke up... Then, said he could not find shipping labels I gave him, so, I sent more and changed it to be shipped to CA.
Last I talked to him, was a little over two weeks ago and the gear was to arrive March 7th, last week.
I've been calling and txt'n everyday, but he has not responded which has been what's been happening off and on since the first time I contacted him...
I've been close friends with him since 2002. I don't know why any rigger would fucking do this. I'm afraid of pissing him off and then never receiving the gear, but it feels like never now.
I've been watching skydiving movies, Cut-a-way tonight, and feeling like I'm going to puke from the ill feeling of my gear being kept by my freaking rigger!
So, I had to post and ask for help.
I offered a few times to have someone help by going and getting it, if he could not do it. He's not answering my calls, returned my calls and has not txt'd me back...

has this rigger done repacks for you, in the past???

is the "loft" at His place or at a dropzone somewhere.??

I sure hope you didn't also leave your MAIN... with the rig.[:/]
Can you talk to any OTHER jumpers nearby to the rigger,,,, to at least ask them to LOOK around for the rig???
IF it might be in a loft ON a DZ.....
Does the DZ have any other riggers??? who may be able to search for it, locate it, and send it to YOU.... send them a picture, and if you have it, the serial number for the H/C.
At this point,, you may need to try to GO Over the Head of the first dude......imho
good luck... keep us posted
jmy :)

Have you been looking at the classifieds?

Post a picture in the Facebook groups that deal with lost/stolen/misplaced gear. Post a pic of the gear here as well.

If you ever get it back, make sure you take it to another rigger who is close by and who you trust to have it inspected. Repack, main, container, everything. People are evil.

Make noise outside of the person to person communication.
Always be kinder than you feel.

LuckyMcSwervy

Make noise outside of the person to person communication.

Sounds like she gave him the benefit of the doubt for a longtime . . . and now that is what she is doing.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I've been watching skydiving movies, Cut-a-way tonight, and feeling like I'm going to puke from the ill feeling of my gear being kept by my freaking rigger!

The ill feeling like you're going to puke may be more a result of watching that crappy movie...

Roxxx

I jumped it with him last July. I gave him prepaid shipping labels. It was to be sent to Louisiana. I moved to CA in October. He had not sent it, so I said to wait till I got back to him to see if if it should be sent to LA or CA.
I got back to him within two months and said to ship to Louisiana. He said he would send it around Xmas 2013. It was never sent.
He said he was working a job and did not have time, then four months later, he said his grandfather had died, next he and his girlfriend had broke up... Then, said he could not find shipping labels I gave him, so, I sent more and changed it to be shipped to CA.
Last I talked to him, was a little over two weeks ago and the gear was to arrive March 7th, last week.
I've been calling and txt'n everyday, but he has not responded which has been what's been happening off and on since the first time I contacted him...
I've been close friends with him since 2002. I don't know why any rigger would fucking do this. I'm afraid of pissing him off and then never receiving the gear, but it feels like never now.
So, I had to post and ask for help.
I offered a few times to have someone help by going and getting it, if he could not do it. He's not answering my calls, returned my calls and has not txt'd me back...

Roxx you have Westside Skydive listed as your home DZ. Was he a rigger there at either the MN or TX location? Did you call Joe Johnson the DZO?

Past friends or not, he has stolen your rig, call his boss and call the cops. As former NYPD officer, I can tell you in nearly every state a larceny (theft) over $1,000 in value is a felony.

To blazes w/ a phone call.ROAD TRIP! I would post his info here as was suggested. There is only one DZ in Louisiana I've ever known of and it was located near Baton Rouge, Louisiana, a small town Gonzales, Louisiana. Hopefully you didn't send it there. If you did I doubt you'll ever see it again. Report it stolen and out him here. Good luck, your gonna need it.

Best-
Richard

rwieder

To blazes w/ a phone call.ROAD TRIP! I would post his info here as was suggested. There is only one DZ in Louisiana I've ever known of and it was located near Baton Rouge, Louisiana, a small town Gonzales, Louisiana. Hopefully you didn't send it there. If you did I doubt you'll ever see it again. Report it stolen and out him here. Good luck, your gonna need it.

Best-
Richard

Hail Yeah Bro! Lets get a possy together and ROAD TRIP! I'm Down!
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Rox

Checked with all my staff riggers, and none of them either know you or have your rig. If you would like me to make a call to your rigger on your behalf, I would be happy to be mediate between the two. But since you have us listed as your home dz, I just don't want it to appear that we have the rig when in fact we do not, and I've gotten some emails on your behalf. So just let us know who this person is were here to help! Thx Joe.
Westside is the best side!

Roxxx

I've been close friends with him since 2002.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Please contact Joe and let him help. At the very least, let everyone know it was not his DZ or people. Looks like he is a stand up guy and everyone should know it.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

I've paid him for all work and I have receipts of money paid. I think he's just not getting around to shipping it. I'm posting to ask how to handle this...
Call USPA?
Call DZ? He doesn't work for the DZ he jumps at... And, I did call.
Report stolen?! Really?! WTF!
:(