Cajundude

Jagger girlfriend, found dead...

LuckyMcSwervy

***So Jagger was dating a girl 23 years younger than he is?
That cradle-robber!>:(

Jealous? :P

Nah...I'm good!:ph34r:
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

LuckyMcSwervy

***So Jagger was dating a girl 23 years younger than he is?
That cradle-robber!>:(

Jealous? :P

I was like - Eww! then I thought about it.

She'd be 21.[:/]
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

SkyCoi

First question I had upon reading this was whether women get off with auto-erotic asphyxiation similar to the way men apparently do. Seems challenging to hang yourself if you're 6' 3".

If you knot a rope around a door knob and put it over the other side of the door to create tension for hanging off the floor you can. I saw pictures of a guy who did that.
Always be kinder than you feel.

Sure, if you're motivated enough I guess you could get the job done. Standard door height is 6'8" though, and it just seems to be a difficult and miserable way to go. I figure the point would be to make it quick and painless, which is what made me consider the auto-erotic possibility. I just measured my door here at work and it is 9'7", so I figure I'm good for either option if it comes to it.

Phillbo

I'm assuming the reporter got it all wrong. At 6'3" it would be hard to hang herself from a door knob.

Quote: "Scott was 6-foot-3 inches tall and kneeling down when she killed herself, sources said. “You lean away from the door applying pressure till you pass out,” one source said. “After that, gravity takes over." The doorknob was L-shaped."

Boogers

***I'm assuming the reporter got it all wrong. At 6'3" it would be hard to hang herself from a door knob.

Quote: "Scott was 6-foot-3 inches tall and kneeling down when she killed herself, sources said. “You lean away from the door applying pressure till you pass out,” one source said. “After that, gravity takes over." The doorknob was L-shaped."

I read she used a scarf.
Always be kinder than you feel.

LuckyMcSwervy

******I'm assuming the reporter got it all wrong. At 6'3" it would be hard to hang herself from a door knob.

I read she used a scarf.

That technique is far more a "strangulation" than an actual "hanging", although it is considered hanging.
You have to really want it to do it that way. You have lots of time as you pass out to change your mind. Some have been found having tied their own hands behind their back to keep them from backing out. Some of those were found to have changed their minds and tried to untie their hands, unsuccessfully.

She probably used a scarf because a thin rope would have left marks. Women tend to choose ways that leave little or no marks. They don't want to look bad when they are found. Her calling the assistant looks like she wanted to be found before she started to decay.

All pretty typical for suicides. All very, very sad.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

SkyCoi

First question I had upon reading this was whether women get off with auto-erotic asphyxiation similar to the way men apparently do.

It's a mighty big world. My guess is if you can imagine it, there's already a web site devoted to it with a core group of followers. In other words, I'm fairly certain there is at least a small, but devoted, faction that do.

I'm not saying that's what happened in this case, but "from a door knob" also seems pretty rare in general for suicide.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

rifleman

Personally, I think that's a bit of a sucky thing to do to your assistant. Text them and ask them to come over then commit suicide so that they'll find you before you start to stink the apartment out.

I'm not convinced the text was anything more than a normal text. From what I've read it simply said, "come over." I've asked a ton of people to "come over" and I've never committed suicide. Find an actual note and you've got something, but before that it could be anything from kinky games to murder.
quade -

quade

***Personally, I think that's a bit of a sucky thing to do to your assistant. Text them and ask them to come over then commit suicide so that they'll find you before you start to stink the apartment out.

I'm not convinced the text was anything more than a normal text. From what I've read it simply said, "come over." I've asked a ton of people to "come over" and I've never committed suicide. Find an actual note and you've got something, but before that it could be anything from kinky games to murder.

I'm sure that if a note is found, you will say "Until a handwriting expert verifies this, we still don't know." :P
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

oldwomanc6

******Personally, I think that's a bit of a sucky thing to do to your assistant. Text them and ask them to come over then commit suicide so that they'll find you before you start to stink the apartment out.

I'm sure that if a note is found, you will say "Until a handwriting expert verifies this, we still don't know." :P

It's not just me.

Two police officials said that the cause appeared to be suicide, but that the medical examiner had not yet made a determination.

Source;
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/18/nyregion/lwren-scott-found-dead-in-manhattan-apartment.html?hp&_r=0
quade -

I think the saddest thing is how much she HAD in her life, but still threw it away. I've read of bridge jumpers who survived that said the moment they jumped to kill themselves, they regretted it and wanted to live. God, what a way to clear your head. :S:S[:/]

We all know people that face much bigger challenges of health, severe injuries and disabilities every day. Maybe helping them for a while could change some people's view of how bad their own life was.