normiss

Boogie fees?!?!?!!!

skymama

Holy Moly...that's not a boogie fee, THIS is a boogie fee! :|

"The 4:20 FREEFLY JAM is a world class Freefly event with 11 invited organizers"

And there's most of your 200-250 bucks right there.

(edit to add: I don't freefly, so while I recognize some of those names, I have no real idea of whether it's worth $200-250 for the chance to fly with them for 5 days. There's over 100 RSVPs on the Facebook event page ... so apparently there's enough folks who think it is worthwhile).
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

normiss

So..."invited" would be the wrong word to use.
;)

Yeah, I dunno... this one bills itself as more of a skills camp, so maybe it's not fair to compare it to a boogie. I mean, I just dropped a fair bit of change for a world class 4-way coach this weekend, who came up for three days to work with my 4-way team and another 4-way team. We collectively decided that it was worth it to us to pay for his time (and by combining the training schedules of the two teams, we were able to bring down the per person cost a bit while still getting just as much attention, as the teams just alternated loads all weekend, and were able to alternate blocks in the tunnel on Friday night).

That said, we also knew precisely what we were getting for our money - fully dedicated coaching for one tunnel evening and two jump days. I'm not sure that I'd drop that kind of money for an event that's a bit more loosely described, and in a case where I wouldn't know who I'd be jumping with (both fellow jumpers and organizers) on any given load, or what quality of jumps I could expect. My team is a known quantity and we're all working towards team goals.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

grue

Do you know the difference between jam and jelly?

I'm not sure if my answer to this joke is the same as your answer to this joke, but if not you're gonna think less of me :D

Apparently our answers are the same.

The first time I heard that joke was on the way to altitude and told by Mark Kruse. I almost pissed myself laughing. :ph34r:
Always be kinder than you feel.

LuckyMcSwervy

The first time I heard that joke was on the way to altitude and told by Mark Kruse. I almost pissed myself laughing. :ph34r:

:ph34r:

Do you know what virgin girls and a can of pringles have in common?
cavete terrae.

grue

I can't say that I do. :o

LuckyMcSwervy

Once you break the seal, you can just about get your whole forearm in there
cavete terrae.

grue

OMG. :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

LuckyMcSwervy

Do you know what virgin Catholic girls and a can of pringles have in common?

OMG. :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Fixed it for you!:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

LuckyMcSwervy

Do you know the difference between jam and jelly?

I'm not sure if my answer to this joke is the same as your answer to this joke, but if not you're gonna think less of me :D

That sounds so unlike the Krusie I know. :|
Remster