skymama

I survived a triple malfunction canopy ride. Woohoo!

ryoder

***He wants cookies!

If he also wants milk, then we need to know how old he is.:|

Or maybe he's a mouse.;)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

normiss

Interestingly enough...we were told a certain someone would pay us cash for the repack prior to departing Fitz.
Yeah.....

My mother did that to me once.

ONCE!

Farginn Bastage
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I have seen this, but cannot remember the container make. The person had one riser normal out, en the other was stuck...

However, when he did the cutaway, lucky it came completely loose, and fell free.

It took us a while to figure out what had happened, but when simulated, damn you need a lot of force to get the tab out.

Good job lady!
You have the right to your opinion, and I have the right to tell you how Fu***** stupid it is.
Davelepka - "This isn't an x-box, or a Chevy truck forum"
Whatever you do, don't listen to ChrisD.

skymama

I thought you had a step through when you were telling me about your cussing and fussing.Smile

Wayne, I kept meaning to send you a message of thanks, but I got too busy with trying to catch up with life after going to the boogie. It was YOU who put the idea in my head that it could have been riser cover trouble. Thank you! :)
I owe you a beer or three. B|

Sounds good to me.:D

I had the same thing happen to my OLD vector when I had tuck tabs installed instead of the Velcro. I landed it with stuck risers after doing a control check and was more worried about it not releasing then the risers coming free on landing since I couldn't make them come free in the air. I was on Lazer 295 so I had lots of time to figure out what was happening and make a decision. Still scary to have your head pinned down.

Glad j'aint dead:)

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

Thanks, everyone! :)
I was just setting up an appointment with my Rigger to drop off my gear. I'm trying to work it out so I'm there when the gear inspection is done. I bet I learn a thing or two, or thirty!

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

skymama

Is there a club I get to join now? B|

First mal: risers were packed incorrectly by a packer at a boogie, so they didn't release from the tuck tabs.
Second mal: Only the right riser cover released when I cut away, so that sent me into a spin as I was hung up on the left side.
Third mal: Reserve opened in line twists. I finally cleared it all at 1000' and had an off dz landing.

Whew! I suggest you check how your risers are packed if you use a packer. I know I will from now on. :|

Was this by any chance your first triple malfunction? :)

Glad you didn't die, honeymoons aren't a whole lot of fun that way.

skymama

Here is a photo of the riser cover area on my Vector 3 where it says to put the risers on top of the inner flap.

"If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then somebody will do it that way." -Murphy, in reference to access covers on an ejection seat assembly that still fit when installed upside down.

Hi champu,

"If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then somebody will do it that way."

Or as the late Eddie Brown once told me about designing skydiving equipment, "Think of the dumbest person you've ever met and design it so he can't screw it up."

:S

JerryBaumchen