ryoder

"27 Things You Learn Jumping Out Of A Plane With Special Forces"

:D:D:D

http://www.buzzfeed.com/bennyjohnson/things-i-learned-jumping-out-of-a-plane-with-special-forces

In case that chute fails, there is a specialized device located at the top of their bag that, if needed, EXPLODES AND SHOOTS OUT RAZOR BLADES.

Then they make you watch this safety movie narrated by an insane man who apparently invented skydiving
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

"So how do you get from down there on the ground to up here?"

That long loop of cord hanging out the back of that guy's helmet looks like trouble waiting to happen.

"First you have to hand pack your parachute…"

Flat-packing is so out of style.

"Your helmet is equipped with an altimeter that makes a shrill beeping noise when it is time to pull the cord."

Last beep at 1800'? That's your hard deck. You need a warning BEFORE you get to your hard deck.

Funny stuff!

That was all done on March 8 here at Skydive City. Not just that reporter, but 17-20 Wounded Warrior vets came out to jump, included 4 paraplegic tandems.

Our staff and the SOCOM team spent the day jumping with these guys and showing them our stuff. My staff stepped up to take the paraplegics, Mike Squires and Gary Billings both took their first para-tandems with some help from me and all the hardware we built to do these sorts of jumps.

tkhayes

That was all done on March 8 here at Skydive City. Not just that reporter, but 17-20 Wounded Warrior vets came out to jump, included 4 paraplegic tandems.

Our staff and the SOCOM team spent the day jumping with these guys and showing them our stuff. My staff stepped up to take the paraplegics, Mike Squires and Gary Billings both took their first para-tandems with some help from me and all the hardware we built to do these sorts of jumps.

Cool! Do the military guys handle their first jump differently than the civilians, or are they all about the same?
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

ryoder

:D:D:D

http://www.buzzfeed.com/bennyjohnson/things-i-learned-jumping-out-of-a-plane-with-special-forces

In case that chute fails, there is a specialized device located at the top of their bag that, if needed, EXPLODES AND SHOOTS OUT RAZOR BLADES.

Then they make you watch this safety movie narrated by an insane man who apparently invented skydiving

Mad Dog McGuire scares me more than BB. LOL
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

My God! I've been jumping all these years with a thingy that explodes razor blades on my back! Fortunately, I've never had to use it, but I'm taking that thing out right now!!

Bill Booth looks like he's never used the exploding razors either :P

Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD