jumper03

Passed the most important Riggers test this weekend

MY FIRST SAVE!!!!

I know there are guys on here with hundreds and hundreds of saves, but I just had to spout off B|.
I been walking tall ever since. :D:D

I packed a Sigma Tandem reserve on Friday. Saturday morning it got chopped and there she was. The TM said it opened soft and dead on heading - what more could I ask for! B|

I'm glad that's out of my system now - I've been having nightmares about the first time one of my pack jobs is used :S

YEHAA!! I love this stuff! And my case has already been bought and consumed!

Jump
Scars remind us that the past is real

How long after getting your cert.?

Mine was within about 2 weeks of my cert., I was still pending! I can't imagine months of that stress!

I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.

How long after getting your cert.?

Mine was within about 2 weeks of my cert., I was still pending! I can't imagine months of that stress!

That was packjob #8 :o:o:o

I still have 9 pack jobs left to get to 20 and hell of a lot more knowledge and skills to soak up!

Although if the TM's keep chopping - I'll get to 20 a lot faster :D:D:D

Jump
Scars remind us that the past is real

Congrats and great job:) I got my second save yesterday. ME! I had a bag lock and therefore a terminal deployment. I can remember thinking as the second handle went "This is going to be quick" It was and I am glad.

Anyway, way to go!!
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Hehe... seems a lot of us have this in common... my first (and only, so far) save was also before I actually got my ticket. Having that save was probably one of the coolest feelings I've ever had. Extra cool because the jumper was the girl I was dating at the time!
"Some people follow their dreams, others hunt them down and beat them mercilessly into submission."

Congrats!

I'm still working towards my ticket, and my third (fourth?) supervised packjob was used... by my mentor's girlfriend, no less! :o:D

Aylett

I only know I don't know anything...

Seems like most of us are packing for friends. Just add a little presure.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

The title of the post dragged me in - I just couldn't resist.

I think that the most important test of my riggers ticket was the when a very experienced tandem master approached me not long after I was qualified wanting me to pencil pack a tandem reserve with a cypress two years out of date for batteries. He was happy to pay for a repack, but drew the line at splashing out for batteries. It doesn't seem like much now, but at the time it took a lot of guts to hand the rig back and say 'no'. To me, the most important test of a rigger is that of integrity - when you are being 'leaned on' by a sky god to do something you know is not ethical, cuts corners, or is just plain illegal.

As a side note, my first save was on my own rig. After cutting away, I got stable and whilst reached for the silver the fact dawned on me. ;)

Well, I guess I'm still here. :P