amstalder

My child owes beer

>At what age can you reason with toddlers?

About 28 months? That was the time that our son seemed to actually start to think twice about doing foolhardy things. You can see him thinking - "maybe I shouldn't put my blanket over my head, pick up my banana and toys and then try to walk down the stairs." (Sometimes he still does it, but he at least thinks about it, and is willing to entertain suggestions to try an alternative.)

ryoder

I blame the parents...who obviously neglected to teach him to PLF.>:(

I know, shame on us :D

It sounds like the break wasn't too bad. It was minor enough that he will see the orthopedic doctor tomorrow for casting (or wrapping/splinting/none-of-the-above). I didn't notice the swelling for almost 4 hours, and he really never seemed to be in much pain after the initial wave wore off. He was doing push-ups in the waiting room!

He's been testing the waters on jumping off the side of the couch for two months now B|

amstalder

***I blame the parents...who obviously neglected to teach him to PLF.>:(

I know, shame on us :D

It sounds like the break wasn't too bad. It was minor enough that he will see the orthopedic doctor tomorrow for casting (or wrapping/splinting/none-of-the-above). I didn't notice the swelling for almost 4 hours, and he really never seemed to be in much pain after the initial wave wore off. He was doing push-ups in the waiting room!

He's been testing the waters on jumping off the side of the couch for two months now B|

. . . and now you know the "Holy Shit Mom, I'm really hurt!" Cry.

My heart goes out - but he's tough - he'll be fine.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

amstalder

Your "toddler" does push ups? :o
That spot isn't bad at all, the winds were strong and that was the issue! It was just on the downwind side.

craddock

Military family.:D

craddock

No "Nose in the Corner" here.
Little one does pushups!!!
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

BIGUN

What is little? A toddler I think of as like 1-3 years old. I just never had mine try when he was less than 3 and I think kids that can do it that young have to be in a very high percentile in this. But as I said I never had him try back then so I could be way off. Still surprised though.
That spot isn't bad at all, the winds were strong and that was the issue! It was just on the downwind side.

man, mine had the thinking position since he was about 18 months. the front leaning rest. and when i got done, he would not stand up until i said "recover". and when he messed up bad, instead of spanking we instituted grass drills. my ex used to crack up when i would have him out there, i had my bdu pants on and a t shirt and boots, with the sf shades. she drew the line when i messed up and actually said, "get your butt out of the air, you're not begging for quarters!" whoops...

amstalder

First broken bone (his arm)... he flung himself off the couch this morning :S

At what age can you reason with toddlers? lol.

I had NOTHING to do with it. :)
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

craddock

They're hardly good form pushups, but he has the idea down pretty well. It's a pretty good imitation when you consider he's only 16 months :)

For those who aren't a Facebook friend, he's in a cast. Doc said the break was pretty simple, so no surgery, thankfully!! Cast comes off in two weeks, y'all weren't kidding when you said he'll heal fast lol. Getting the sucker on was NOT pleasant at all. Trying to keep this kid still is worse than trying to keep a cat still!

craddock

What is little? A toddler I think of as like 1-3 years old. I just never had mine try when he was less than 3 and I think kids that can do it that young have to be in a very high percentile in this. But as I said I never had him try back then so I could be way off. Still surprised though.

Little'un is 6.
She's been doing pushups since she was 4 and started getting lippy.
She receives her Green Belt in Karate this week.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.