Nataly

Things happen for a reason?

I love my little appartment, but it's small. And I mean small. Most of you americans would consider this place just about the right size for a walk-in-closet!!

So here I am, squirrling away some money and constantly looking at places for sale and dreaming that one day I will own a little house, with a little garden... Until I spot an ad for a little house with a little garden not 1km from where I currently live. It ticks all the boxes AND it's within my budget - oh miracles of miracles!! :)
So I go to visit it, I put an offer down, and find out there are 4 offers ahead of me (by rich people who want it as a holiday home - some of whom can pay cash for it).

Poof. Gone is the dream. Maybe it's for the best... Maybe the reason it was within budget is that there are hidden problems and it would have been the bane of my life... Maybe. Or maybe you need to be rich around here to buy anything bigger than a shoe-box.

Perhaps I need to buy lottery tickets... [:/]
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Kat4821

I bet my place is smaller than yours! I have a family of 4 and 2 Siberian Huskies….

My place is 21 square meters. (226 square feet, according to google conversion)

It's certainly not the smallest place in the world, but it's not exactly big either.
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Nataly

***I bet my place is smaller than yours! I have a family of 4 and 2 Siberian Huskies….

It's certainly not the smallest place in the world, but it's not exactly big either.

Sounds like about a 10' X 22' or about 15' X 15'. Yeah that's small. :S

My master bedroom by itself, is bigger than your apartment. Damn...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

BillyVance

******I bet my place is smaller than yours! I have a family of 4 and 2 Siberian Huskies….

Sounds like about a 10' X 22' or about 15' X 15'. Yeah that's small. :S

My master bedroom by itself, is bigger than your apartment. Damn...

Hell, mines (house) 2700 square meters or 29,062 square feet an it's still not big enough.

Gone fishing

Nataly

***I bet my place is smaller than yours! I have a family of 4 and 2 Siberian Huskies….

That would be perfect to me. Less to clean and de-cat-hair.

Seriously though, I'm sorry this one didn't work out. Maybe you're right, there's underlying things that could've popped up sooner rather than later and would've cost you an arm and a leg to rectify.

When I was married, we went to look at what I thought was an amazingly perfect house (Jack & Jill bathrooms and closets :D) in an amazingly perfect neighborhood (on Karen Court, I took that as a HUGE sign that house was to be MINE! My name, my job.) in what I deemed as the perfect place to raise kids. I was heartbroken when someone else moved faster than my exHusband would with the realtor. Someone else came in with an offer before we got one together and we lost out. Wouldn't you know, we found out the basement used to flood at the smallest rain. I think a bullet was dodged.

There's got to be another place that's waiting for you. Maybe it isn't on the market just yet. It'll come. Chin up, pretty!! :)
Always be kinder than you feel.

quade

Sorry you lost out on your dream apartment.

That said, no. Things do not happen "for a reason." That's just something humanity says in order to self-medicate depression.

That's not what God said! ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Put it this way, its got to be big enough where you have enough floor space to lay your rig out and pack it.

One of my friends and big way organizers - Buzz, used to repack his rig in his RV!!! That was the damnedest thing I ever saw. B|

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Boogers

You need a fixer-upper that the rich people won't be interested in...

Nope... The area/view is well sought after so even fixer-uppers are interesting to rich people... And believe me... You *need* to be rich to fix up some of these places... :|
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Zep

Hell, mines (house) 2700 square meters or 29,062 square feet an it's still not big enough.

:o
You live in a castle?
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

You need to become friends with real estate agents and little old ladies. The first, because they hear about things as soon as they hit the market (or before), and maybe they can steer a deal your way.

The second, because they get old, move away, and end up having to sell their houses. If you already know them and promise to take care of it as they had...

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Well, I got this place in part because the older couple who owned it weren't greedy and were happy it would be going to someone who would cherish it as they had...

People around here know me and know I'm looking for something bigger... I've already seen a couple of places before they went on the market, so the longer I stay here, the higher the chance of finding a place this way... Because some people do prefer that it go to someone they know. And others just want €€€... I can't compete with rich folk, but it's true that some people, if given the choice, prefer their home to be loved instead of abandoned save for one week per year.
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss