Boogers

Frick it, I quit!

Skydiving is just too darned difficult to master. Heck, you can only practice it a minute at a time, you can spend an entire year and only get two hours of practice - what kind of goofy sport is that? And before you've even begun to figure out how to be good flying on your belly, next thing you know people are asking you to fly head-down, feet-first, butt-fly, atop a board, in a squirrel suit - sheesh, make up your minds already! And who the heck can keep up with all the stupid acronyms: AFF, AAD, MLW, PC, FS, POBs, B12's... And there are names of things like bodkins and slinks and bights, oh my! For chris sake - who thinks up this stuff? A 3-ring is a good circus show, not a cut-away system - did that bearded ZZ Top guy get permission from P.T. Barnum to use that name? You've got maneuvers called things like horny gorilla, meeker, murphy flake, whacker, cataccord (what do cats have to do with accordians?), and dozens more - this is worse than memorizing grade school multiplication tables! You've got to have a college degree in calculus to understand spotting, with wind speeds at various altitudes, aircraft speed, forward throw, wind drift, freefall speed...

Frick it. I quit! I'm going bowling: Drink beer, throw a ball. Easy! Heck you can bowl for two hours in one session, more time than that whole year of freefall. And you can get drunk and bowl at the same time - now you can't say that about skydiving!

GooniesKid

you're doing it wrong bro.
Continue jumping for the women!

It's true that there are some really hot chicks at the DZ. How many jumps do you have to accumulate to get cool enough that they want to go to bed with you? Are Gold Wings a chick magnet? That might give me a goal to shoot for...

Bro...sure there are a ton of hot chicks at the DZ....but i'm referring to women whuffo outside the DZ community. It's not how many jumps, it's just a matter of having the license. Just tell a potential mate you have your license. Makes for an awesome ice breaker. you can even tell them you only have 25 jumps and they'll think it's a ton! show em your AFF cat 1 video and they'll still be wow'ed.

The point is, and i'll say it again, being a skydiving is a great ice breaker for speed dating, dating, bar dating, eharmony.com, etc. Try it out :)

Boogers

***you're doing it wrong bro.

It's true that there are some really hot chicks at the DZ. How many jumps do you have to accumulate to get cool enough that they want to go to bed with you? Are Gold Wings a chick magnet? That might give me a goal to shoot for...

You'll shoot for anything, won't you?

Boogers

Skydiving is just too darned difficult to master. Heck, you can only practice it a minute at a time, you can spend an entire year and only get two hours of practice - what kind of goofy sport is that? And before you've even begun to figure out how to be good flying on your belly, next thing you know people are asking you to fly head-down, feet-first, butt-fly, atop a board, in a squirrel suit - sheesh, make up your minds already! And who the heck can keep up with all the stupid acronyms: AFF, AAD, MLW, PC, FS, POBs, B12's... And there are names of things like bodkins and slinks and bights, oh my! For chris sake - who thinks up this stuff? A 3-ring is a good circus show, not a cut-away system - did that bearded ZZ Top guy get permission from P.T. Barnum to use that name? You've got maneuvers called things like horny gorilla, meeker, murphy flake, whacker, cataccord (what do cats have to do with accordians?), and dozens more - this is worse than memorizing grade school multiplication tables! You've got to have a college degree in calculus to understand spotting, with wind speeds at various altitudes, aircraft speed, forward throw, wind drift, freefall speed...

Frick it. I quit! I'm going bowling: Drink beer, throw a ball. Easy! Heck you can bowl for two hours in one session, more time than that whole year of freefall. And you can get drunk and bowl at the same time - now you can't say that about skydiving!

Pffft! You left out CRW! You will learn a whole other set of things you don't know... like how to really fly a canopy, or how to sort out three tangled ones if you haven't figured out the first one. And a whole new awesome set of words and phrases...

Jump more, post less!

Kat4821

So you're saying that if I jump, they will come?

Nope, that is a different kinda jumpin.

Boogers, probably took you longer to write this post than the amount of airtime for the last year. :D:D:D
You have the right to your opinion, and I have the right to tell you how Fu***** stupid it is.
Davelepka - "This isn't an x-box, or a Chevy truck forum"
Whatever you do, don't listen to ChrisD.

Kat4821

So you're saying that if I jump, they will come?

Maybe...
But what i'm trying to get peeps to understand is that being a skydiver is a great icebreaker for dates (outside the DZ community). Why? Because, from my experience, chicks get all "wow'ed" and really interested when you tell them you're a skydiver.

Back in the seventies there was this guy who would carry his log book with him where ever he went. He would ACCIDENTLY drop it in front of a pretty girl and at the same time say, "whoops I dropped my skydivers log book". HE NEVER GOT LAID using this trick. Chicks aren't impressed if you skydive.

dzswoop717

Back in the seventies there was this guy who would carry his log book with him where ever he went. He would ACCIDENTLY drop it in front of a pretty girl and at the same time say, "whoops I dropped my skydivers log book". HE NEVER GOT LAID using this trick. Chicks aren't impressed if you skydive.

Hmmmmm, that trick my need to be rebooted for the 21st century! I might actually try that with a variation :)
I sometimes approach the ladies with the polar bear line.

Me : "Excuse me, how much does a polar bear weigh"
Chick : "Don't know, why?"
Me : "Enough to break the ice,,,hi my name is ..."

GooniesKid

"Hey does this handkerchief smell like chloroform to you?"
cavete terrae.

JohnMitchell

*** HE NEVER GOT LAID using this trick. Chicks aren't impressed if you skydive.

If that's all the game he had, I'm not surprised.:P

Women like men with a sense of humor. . ..

And are tall and good looking.:S:D

I'm not carrying much ammo in that last department, but my girlfriend admits she was initially interested in me because I was a skydiver :D

…of course she also admits because it was also a way to get into the sport, and then BASE…
cavete terrae.

grue

"Hey does this handkerchief smell like chloroform to you?"

LOL! :ph34r: I like that!

I once used "Do you know what my shirt is made of? Boyfriend material" and got a resounding "no". :|

Women like men with a sense of humor. . ..

And are tall and good looking

Being a tad bit more mentally mature than a 13 year old helps too.

If I had to go it with MY charm & personality alone ~ ~ That's exactly what I'd be ~ ~ ~ ALONE!

I'm fucked.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.