Amazon

Dust Devil

More video: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/dust-devil-sends-controlled-burn-firefighters-article-1.1730360

That is 7 miles West of my home, (which I bought from a guy who worked there). The winds out there are legendary. On one occasion, when the old plutonium bomb trigger factory was still in operation, a wind storm went through that sandblasted paint off cars in the parking lot, and etched the windows.

I was driving past there to go skiing one morning, when I saw a wall of airborne debris coming at me. I cranked a u-turn and retreated back to the East.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Mach1dmb

I didn't believe in dust devils until I went on vacation to Perris a few weeks ago. I was so excited to see one on the ground, until I saw 3 under canopy.

Just wait till summer... I saw one there that had sucked up dirt over to the north side of the big hanger... and the dirt was swirling at 2500' and headed south... WRATH of GOD sized dust devil. :ph34r:

Just wait till summer... I saw one there that had sucked up dirt over to the north side of the big hanger... and the dirt was swirling at 2500' and headed south... WRATH of GOD sized dust devil. :ph34r:

I've seen some pretty bad ones there. One day I was looking out the window on the ride to altitude and could see two or three from a good distance away. They looked more like tornados than dust devils. :S
"I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

mrubin

I've seen some pretty bad ones there. One day I was looking out the window on the ride to altitude and could see two or three from a good distance away. They looked more like tornados than dust devils. :S

We had one come right through the parking lot at Alabama Skydiving, Inc, in Pell City during a boogie. Big fucker too. Tree limbs were swirling in it too. Took four full grown men to hold down a metal framed canopy as it went by, and there was a load of skydivers on the way to altitude too. The dust devil skirted the LZ and wrecked some tents and framed open air packing tents but was gone by the time skydivers landed and were going "What the fuck happened to my tent?!?" :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Amazon

picking up sharks man....... :ph34r:

I was once about 12 miles offshore fishing for dolphin and had a waterspout touch down very close to the boat. Sargasso was getting sucked upwards like those tumbleweeds. I thought it was pretty exciting until it formed into a major thunderstorm. It became too exciting very quickly for a 24' fishing boat that far from shore.

SoCalJumper

***picking up sharks man....... :ph34r:

I was once about 12 miles offshore fishing for dolphin and had a waterspout touch down very close to the boat. Sargasso was getting sucked upwards like those tumbleweeds. I thought it was pretty exciting until it formed into a major thunderstorm. It became too exciting very quickly for a 24' fishing boat that far from shore.

I have spent too much time offshore in interesting weather. I prefer nice boring days now.. I prefer my adrenaline in smaller doses in my old age.

Amazon

******picking up sharks man....... :ph34r:

I have spent too much time offshore in interesting weather. I prefer nice boring days now.. I prefer my adrenaline in smaller doses in my old age.

Note to self: Don't show up at Amazon's house in a sasquatch costume peeking in a window. You might get shot. :ph34r:
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban