ryoder

White Supremacist Finds Out He’s Part Black

I think you're higher than Obama.

I went to a family reunion one time in Selma, Alabama. Some of us looked different from others. Big Daddy Johnson had two families. What they used to call a 'front porch' family and a 'back porch' family. We count them all as family.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Thats weird Jerry, not being funny but Ireland was part of Great Britain until 1922 and both Ireland and Great Britain are in Western Europe. So how is it possible to separate the DNA from the three (especially Ireland and the rest of the British Isles) even more so as both Ireland and the rest of the British isles were colonised by the Vikings from Scandinavia.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Skyrad

Thats weird Jerry, not being funny but Ireland was part of Great Britain until 1922 and both Ireland and Great Britain are in Western Europe. So how is it possible to separate the DNA from the three (especially Ireland and the rest of the British Isles) even more so as both Ireland and the rest of the British isles were colonised by the Vikings from Scandinavia.

I agree, none of that makes any sense given historical migration/conquest patterns in Western Europe???
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

JerryBaumchen

Hi John,

I just had mine tested and found out I'm:

Europe west: 58%
Scandinavia: 21%
Ireland: 14%
Great britain: 6%
Finnish/N. Russia: 1%

JerryBaumchen

Where did you have yours done? I'd love a test with that level of specificity, and I wasn't aware that any of the tests were capable of narrowing down the geography that narrowly. I had mine done a while back, and (interestingly) I learned that most people now in Ireland are descended from people who migrated from what's now Spain...
Skwrl Productions - Wingsuit Photography

Northeast Bird School - Chief Logistics Guy and Video Dork

Hi rad,

So how is it possible to separate the DNA from the three

How in the F*** do I know. I'm an engineer not some biochemist or whoever tests that stuff.

I used:

http://www.ancestry.com/?s_kwcid=ancestry.com&gclid=COL2262z4LoCFSU6QgodvXgAKg&o_xid=57465&o_lid=57465&o_sch=Search

The total came to about $110; but of course they kept trying to sell me everything else on the website. Including a subscription that I supposedly signed up for and had to take some specific action to cancel.

Believe me, that resulted in a phone call you do not to hear. >:(

JerryBaumchen

phreeloader

https://www.23andme.com is who i used... this was my full breakout of the european portion of my ancestry

99.4% European

Northern European 16.8%
British & Irish1.7%
Scandinavian0.1%
Finnish71.3%
Nonspecific Northern European

Southern European1.3%
Nonspecific Southern European8.0%
Nonspecific European

I'm seeing a pattern; No one is admitting to having any Scottish blood.:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

***https://www.23andme.com is who i used... this was my full breakout of the european portion of my ancestry

99.4% European

Northern European 16.8%
British & Irish1.7%
Scandinavian0.1%
Finnish71.3%

Southern European1.3%
Nonspecific European

We won't let them, until they prove that they can truly appreciate a single malt.:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

ryoder

23 and me told me that I'm very non-specific. So maybe I'm non-specifically Scottish.:D:D

9.7% British & Irish
2.5% French & German
0.1% Finnish
69.3% Nonspecific Northern European
17.9% Nonspecific European
0.1% Sub-Saharan African
0.4% Unassigned

(Oh, and basically those results confirmed what I've always suspected. I'm white. Very, very white.)
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

turtlespeed

******https://www.23andme.com is who i used... this was my full breakout of the european portion of my ancestry

99.4% European

Northern European 16.8%
British & Irish1.7%
Scandinavian0.1%
Finnish71.3%

Southern European1.3%
Nonspecific European

We won't let them, until they prove that they can truly appreciate a single malt.:)

I'm a card-carrying member of the Malcolm clan. B|
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

JerryBaumchen

Hi rad,

So how is it possible to separate the DNA from the three

How in the F*** do I know. I'm an engineer not some biochemist or whoever tests that stuff.

I used:

http://www.ancestry.com/?s_kwcid=ancestry.com&gclid=COL2262z4LoCFSU6QgodvXgAKg&o_xid=57465&o_lid=57465&o_sch=Search

The total came to about $110; but of course they kept trying to sell me everything else on the website. Including a subscription that I supposedly signed up for and had to take some specific action to cancel.

Believe me, that resulted in a phone call you do not to hear. >:(

JerryBaumchen

I found the best so far is 23and me.. with lots of health stuff BUT the 1000 match limit keeps it to fairly close relatives.
The good news is its pretty easy to upload for free at gemdatch.com once you have your raw data from Ancestry, 23andme, fTDNA and then make comparisons until they manage to run your kit and start making relative matches there as well.

I am trying to help a 4th cousin who was a Korean War child of a Korean mother figure out who her 50% Caucasian family is. Based on comparing a bunch of my rather white bread British Isles and recently discovered French Huguenot ancestry going back to early 1600's southern colonies we have pretty much worked out that our common ancestor is most likely a member of the Dubose family of South Carolina that came to America in 1665.

The freakiest match is a pair of 3rd cousins who are half siblings who do not know who each other is. The mother is not the same since the maternal haplogroup is dissimilar so they are paternal siblings.. duh. One of them is the daughter of an adoptee and the boy is from a family line that I can not place in our fairly extensive tree.. When I told them.. I have not heard from either one for two months now. [:/]
Bxxxxxxx Xxxxxxxxx vs. Rxxxx Xxxxxx 1788 cM 37 segments
Rough estimates
Parent/child 3150 cM (100%)
Sibling 2350 cM (75%)
Half Sibling 1600 cM
Grandparent 1600 cM (50%)
Aunt/Uncle 1600 cM (50%)
Half Sibling 1600 cM (50%)
GGrandparent 800 cM (25%)
First Cousin 800 cM (25%)
Second Cousin 200 cM (6.25%)
Third Cousin 100 cM (3.125%)
Fourth Cousin 50 cM (1.5625%)
Fifth Cousin 25 cM (0.78125%)

JerryBaumchen

I'll probably send them a sample so I can know what I'll die from. [:/]

Afraid you might have the skydiving gene?:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Southern_Man

***Thats weird Jerry, not being funny but Ireland was part of Great Britain until 1922 and both Ireland and Great Britain are in Western Europe. So how is it possible to separate the DNA from the three (especially Ireland and the rest of the British Isles) even more so as both Ireland and the rest of the British isles were colonised by the Vikings from Scandinavia.

I agree, none of that makes any sense given historical migration/conquest patterns in Western Europe???

I've seen these results before. Makes sense to me. The phenotypes of the Celtic Crscent are different from England, so the genotype should be as well. Even today, these people tend to keep themselves segregated. It will be a while before they become truly homogenous.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

davjohns

I think you're higher than Obama.

I went to a family reunion one time in Selma, Alabama. Some of us looked different from others. Big Daddy Johnson had two families. What they used to call a 'front porch' family and a 'back porch' family. We count them all as family.

I wouldn't be surprised to have "black" relatives if they ever show up. My ancestors had a plantation in the Camden area (not all that far away) with slaves that they took good care of. When the slaves were freed, most of them stayed and were paid. I don't have any anecdotes or evidence of any inter-breeding though.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

BillyVance

***I think you're higher than Obama.

I wouldn't be surprised to have "black" relatives if they ever show up. My ancestors had a plantation in the Camden area (not all that far away) with slaves that they took good care of. When the slaves were freed, most of them stayed and were paid. I don't have any anecdotes or evidence of any inter-breeding though.

Go to 23andme.com.. do the DNA test.. see if a little "soul" crept into the family tree. After doing a fair amount of reading... quite a few old stalwart southern families are not 100% European as they would like to believe. Situations like the one in the OP will be shared with certain segments of the family that have attitudes that are not rooted in modern reality. :ph34r:

It kind of amazed me to see how many of my stuffy good ole boy set in his ways, uncle ends up having quite a few 4th "cousins" on the AncestryDNA list who are showing greater than 50% SSA on his dna matches. The names of those people also give a clue as to which of his ancestors was more interested in sharing his DNA with more than just his wife.

Phillbo

part Scottish, part Irish and part Choctaw Indian... Love my single malt while riding my pony :)

Shouldn't you call it Fire Water?:ph34r:
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun