regulator

B.A.S.E. off freedom tower NYC

JohnMitchell

Damn, now the site's been burned! :D

The last two were burned too.:o

Oh - you mean like all used up!

I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

ryoder

If you watch the real life police shows on the telly, the detective work reported in the beast is the new normal for the po po.

CCTV: is everywhere the cops canvas the neighbor hood then radiate out. To check out the other CCTV's

Cell phone records: almost everyone has one, and has them turned on. 3am in lower Manhattan:S

Without video It didn't happen, got to have a go pro. Po Po get a search warrant and secure the computers of the suspects.

Donating the profits to the 911 victims after 4 lawyers fee's etc. Is a nice touch.:)

Nice jump:P just not very well planned getaway.[:/]
One Jump Wonder

Hi Reggie,
Saw this cruising the web too. This was a first for the new tower, "case of Beer!!" Anyone, ya' have to be an old fart, remember Owen Quinn and the first Base jump off the Twin Towers when they were under construction?? 'Was written up in "Spotter" magazine back when! Owen was also a member of Long Island Skydivers back then at Spadero's Airport on L.I. He died some years ago I believe from cancer. The Twin Towers are gone and Owen is gone but the legend lives on.
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/video/9983455-alleged-world-trade-center-daredevils-are-no-strangers-to-sky-diving-community/

Talk about bad reporting. Couldn't they find someone who actually skydives.
Check out this link. Some people are such hypocrites.

Iago

They're just pissed that they got egg on their face a second time. First four BASE jumpers, then a 16 year old kid.

When I heard the news tease about the kid ("security not as tight at Freedom Tower as is advertised!"), I thought that incident would turn out to be BASE jumpers. Guess the kid was a few months too late! :D

I always figured someone on the building crew would take care of that (get that first BASE from the building out of the way), since they're known to security and definitely know all the ins and outs of the structure. I'm just surprised they didn't jump it while it was still under construction. What would they be charged with in that case, if they were already granted access to the site by virtue of building the thing?

(yeah, I know only one of the guys was actually on the crew. Let's assume for the sake of the question that everyone jumping from an unfinished structure was granted access due to being on the work crew)
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!