Nataly

Noise at ungodly hours...

Had a serious hangover after a wedding, and the neighbour started his lawnmower at 06:00 the morning.

With only my sleepy pants and a serious headache, my paintball gun came in handy.

Took a while, but we are friends again.;)

You have the right to your opinion, and I have the right to tell you how Fu***** stupid it is.
Davelepka - "This isn't an x-box, or a Chevy truck forum"
Whatever you do, don't listen to ChrisD.

Yea it's a pain in the ass until it's your house that they are roofing or your driveway needs needs done in a hurry right? lol. I live in a relatively new neighborhood and moved in before building was complete. It was annoying, as I work night shift, but I saw it as a temporary thing, and something I really didn't want to cause a fuss about. Kinda hypocritical, as I 'm sure at some point I will be the guy trying to beat the heat and getting started early myself.

kawisixer01

Yea it's a pain in the ass until it's your house that they are roofing or your driveway needs needs done in a hurry right? lol. I live in a relatively new neighborhood and moved in before building was complete. It was annoying, as I work night shift, but I saw it as a temporary thing, and something I really didn't want to cause a fuss about. Kinda hypocritical, as I 'm sure at some point I will be the guy trying to beat the heat and getting started early myself.

I was the last house in my development to be completed so I didn't have to deal with ongoing construction around me. The thing is, I'm extremely considerate to my neighbors. I won't let my landscaper even start before 9am on the weekends as 2 of my neighbors work odd hours. I'm even happier when he can come on Friday mornings when everyone's at work. I even set the sprinklers so the neighborhood kids don't have to dodge them when walking for the bus. Nice guys finish last. :|
Always be kinder than you feel.

Not that I have the same issue, but I'm getting rid of a tennant because he just doesn't get it. He seems to be totally unaware that sound travels and that it's not a good idea to continually have loud playstation parties when your roomate has to get up at 0500 for day shift. I don't know what they're teaching in school these days, but physics ain't it.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

Can I use this thread to bitch about the assholes who use their car horn to announce their arrival to pick someone up, or to say goodbye to someone they just dropped off?

In the former case: It's 2014, call or text from your god damned mobile phone.

In the latter case: You're just a douchebag trying to get one more wave from the person to make you feel better abotu being a douchebag.

I don't care what the time of day is, that drives me -nuts-

I also feel the same about people who honk before they come out of alleys. Just come out really slowly, and anyone who still manages to get hit probably had it coming.
cavete terrae.

I was the last house in my development to be completed so I didn't have to deal with ongoing construction around me.

On bikeforums.net there was a posting discussing whether roof bikeracks are better, or hitch-receiver racks.

A guy working in construction told the story of working in a new subdivision where just one house had been completed and sold, and the rest were under construction. The asshole who had moved into the new house was filing non-stop complaints about construction noise. Doh!:S

One day they saw him come home with a shiny, new high-end racing bike strapped to the roof...and drive into the garage, totally trashing the bike.:D

Then the next week he came home with a shiny, new replacement bike...and did it again.:D:D:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I don't know what they're teaching in school these days, but physics ain't it.

The class is titled "Intro into Total Inconsideration For The Other People That Share Your Planet".

It's a very popular course.

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

ryoder

I was the last house in my development to be completed so I didn't have to deal with ongoing construction around me.

On bikeforums.net there was a posting discussing whether roof bikeracks are better, or hitch-receiver racks.

A guy working in construction told the story of working in a new subdivision where just one house had been completed and sold, and the rest were under construction. The asshole who had moved into the new house was filing non-stop complaints about construction noise. Doh!:S

One day they saw him come home with a shiny, new high-end racing bike strapped to the roof...and drive into the garage, totally trashing the bike.:D

Then the next week he came home with a shiny, new replacement bike...and did it again.:D:D:D

:D:D:D Oops! Heard a story about a neighbor in my old neighborhood who put a roof rack on their SUV, loaded it and attempted to drive out of the garage but hit the garage door and ripped it from the track, landing on the car along with tearing off the roof rack. He was a tool so I thought it was funny. :P
Always be kinder than you feel.

The class is titled "Intro into Total Inconsideration For The Other People That Share Your Planet".

It's a very popular course.

I'm told he got a 4.0 in it. :S>:(;)
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717