ntrprnr

Random question for a book I'm writing

Hey guys... Got a question for you for a book I'm writing. I've got four chapters to go, and of course, it's due tomorrow.

Have you ever experienced an incident in the skydiving world with a product that you bought that then didn't work, and the company from which you bought it wasn't helpful in either getting it fixed or getting you a replacement, but then ANOTHER company heard about your issue and either sent you a free version of THEIR product, or gave you a massive discount or something to win your business?

In other words, ever have a problem with one company, and it was solved by a new company that stole you from the original company? I'm trying to show how in small industries, someone is always listening, and if you're not on your customer service game, you'll lose.

Sorry if that's jumbled... I haven't slept much in the past few days... I probably should have started working on this book when I got the contract six months ago, as opposed to waiting until the last week. [:/]

Thanks, guys...

-Peter Shankman - the Skydiver who frequently forgets to go skydiving.

No help here either........the few issues I've had were quickly resolved with a minimum of hassle.

I had no idea a person could write a book in much the same time frame as I wrote my term papers. :)

Don

"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

Yes, kinda. Not skydiving, but:
Water heater installed by local plumbing company needed repair under warranty. The manufacturer had used the wrong material in a small part and it needed to be replaced. The plumber who did the replacement would be reimbursed by the manufacturer.
I called the plumbing company that installed the water heater. They refused to do the warranty repair. I called around and another, newer and smaller plumbing company said they would be glad to, not charging me and getting the reimbursement from the manufacturer.
That was several years ago. Water heater is still working fine. New, small plumbing company is still in business. Last year, the big plumbing company got new ownership (don't know details) and changed their name.
Hope that helps.
You don't have to outrun the bear.