Boogers

Which Branch Of The Service Has The Bravest Men?

Boogers

This is the poll supplement to the "Bravest Men" joke in another thread.

http://www.history.army.mil/moh/mohstats.html

Not that it's the all inclusive list of brave people.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

theonlyski

***This is the poll supplement to the "Bravest Men" joke in another thread.

http://www.history.army.mil/moh/mohstats.html

Not that it's the all inclusive list of brave people.Agreed, and not every person on active duty gets recognized for bravery. In the heat of battle things happen fast in ever changing situations. Witnesses to heroic deeds are killed as well as the heroes themselves, and there is a point where intense fighting is viewed as "just doing a job" when in fact some personal action is distinguished above the call of duty. This could happen on the ground, air, or at sea.
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

Personally I think its any combat medic. Their job is to try to save other peoples lives when they should be hiding in a hole, saving their own.
U only make 2 jumps: the first one for some weird reason and the last one that you lived through. The rest are just filler.
scr 316

jackwallace

Personally I think its any combat medic. Their job is to try to save other peoples lives when they should be hiding in a hole, saving their own.

On a similar note, the CSAR guys. Both the pilots who fly it and the Pararescue men who actually go down on the ground to find the pilots.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

wolfriverjoe

***Personally I think its any combat medic. Their job is to try to save other peoples lives when they should be hiding in a hole, saving their own.

On a similar note, the CSAR guys. Both the pilots who fly it and the Pararescue men who actually go down on the ground to find the pilots.

Well if you are going to compare jobs within the military, can't necessarily forget the EOD guys...

Who else would walk down to the end of the road knowing there was a bomb or IED there?

It's also a job that is sponsored by all branches of the service... :ph34r:
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

wolfriverjoe

***Personally I think its any combat medic. Their job is to try to save other peoples lives when they should be hiding in a hole, saving their own.

I have known some of those guys. " That others may Live" is something that leads them to go above and beyond far more often than many other groups in combat.

Personally I do not think any service has a lock on the bravest, and in todays military where joint operations are the norm, and the nature of the warfare they face, far more of our servicemen and servicewomen are finding themselves in situations where the need to go above and beyond presents itself.

Here's are to ALL our servicemembers, the few Americans who have volunteered to leave their homes and families and to serve their country in what ever war, operation, police action, or peacekeeping mission. May they all return home safely to their loved ones.

Doug_Davis

Gotta agree. He was the baddest littlest motherfucker the US Army ever had. Even starred as himself in the movie about his service in WWII
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

jackwallace

I watched my Platoon Sergeant save the life of one of my squad leaders because our conscientious objector medic could not stop the flow of blood coming from this squad leader's thigh. SFC William Washington Hence stuck his fingers in this kid's thigh and pinched off the artery. He then asked the medic for his hemostats and stopped the bleeding. In just a few more days Sergeant Hence was KIA.

No doubt combat medics heroically save lives, but there are times when there are simply not enough medics to go around, and each soldier treats himself or his buddy. This could be hit or miss depending on the experience of each soldier or who payed the most attention in class/training...
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.