swisschris62

Elio motors...

For that price, I can't imagine the motor being much better than a Yugo's. :S:D

As long as you're going to use it as a vehicle where you're the only one using it, ie no family, it'll work.

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Not all the funny looking concept cars remain concept cars though.
The Viper for instance...kinda cool looking, most definately but it also looks like it retained some of that "concept" look.
I think in this case they ran with Can-Ams Spyder idea and took it a step further.
Can-Ams first stop into the U.S. is El Paso, Tx. There they have a large fenced in lot in the desert where they sit in their crates stacked 6 high. I pick them up and haul them all over the U.S.
They all say how much fun they are to ride and that people are really taking to it. I had the chance to take a Spyder on a ride at one of the shops I go to a few times a year.
It was for sure a fun ride and I can see how the idea appeals to people who would like to ride but don't quite want to do the bike thing.
This would be a great thing for local driving and I'm sure a two seater wouldn't be too far in the future.

swisschris62

....and the price of the car that looks like a car that gets 84mpg is?......

Unacheivable with today's safety standards.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

swisschris62

....and the price of the car that looks like a car that gets 84mpg is?......

In Finland, depending on the options and extras, the pre-tax price is between 16k € / ~22k$ and 35k€ / ~48k$.

turtlespeed

***....and the price of the car that looks like a car that gets 84mpg is?......

It has a 5 star Euro NCAP rating.

But don't fret, I checked and that car is actually not available in US so no worries.
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

It'd be nice to see the dimensions of possible drivers.

I could be wrong, but at 6'5", I think I'd have to have a permanently convertible model. :S

I could get a old leather frap hat and a non-Isadora Duncan length white scarf to wear for that "WWI pilot" look while I drive it. :D

Think for yourself. Question authority.

Arvoitus

In Finland, depending on the options and extras, the pre-tax price is between 16k € / ~22k$ and 35k€ / ~48k$.

turtlespeed

But don't fret, I checked and that car is actually not available in US so no worries.

I'd like to see it stand up to the US standards.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

******....and the price of the car that looks like a car that gets 84mpg is?......

turtlespeed

I'd like to see it stand up to the US standards.

Well the US organization that does crash testing (IIHS) is part of the global NCAP organization which also includes Euro-NCAP and according to IIHS the testing done in US, EU, Asia, Australia is on par with one another. Couldn't find much info about NHTSA other then that people think its inferior to IIHS.
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

JohnMitchell

Only one seat? Even a motor scooter can take 2 people. I could use this for only some of my trips to the DZ.

it's a two seater.. I sat in it when it was in daytona earlier this year. Passenger sits behind the driver.

Really neat little car, i don't have enough faith for plop down a non-refundable $1000 to reserve one.. but if they make it to production at that price i'll be quick to pick one up for my commute to work

Really neat little car, i don't have enough faith for plop down a non-refundable $1000 to reserve one.. but if they make it to production at that price i'll be quick to pick one up for my commute to work

It's only $100, go for it.

- Dan G

phreeloader

Kinda what I'm thinking too. Might be good for running out to the DZ or grocery store. :)

I think in this case they ran with Can-Ams Spyder idea and took it a step further.
Can-Ams first stop into the U.S. is El Paso, Tx. There they have a large fenced in lot in the desert where they sit in their crates stacked 6 high. I pick them up and haul them all over the U.S.

I've always wondered why the hell they were sitting there in that rusk yard on the side of I-10 about 10 miles East of town in the middle of nowhere.... At any rate: in Texas Can Am's are called "Texas Snowmobiles" Those things are everywhere between San Antonio and Austin

Chuck

Your exactly right!
I bring lots of military freight into Fort Bliss and if they don't have a decent load going out of there when I'm ready to leave, I usually go grab a load of the Can Ams.
On just about every load I pick up from there I hear about damage done to them. The damage is usually eaten wiring.....I guess there's a lot of hungry rats/mice out there in the desert.
I've never seen the little critters but hear about the problem all the time.

swisschris62

The highways are dangerous regardless of what your driving or how big or small it is.
The death toll hovers around 40,000 annually.

Ah yes that death toll is okay until a smaller death toll is attributed to something I oppose.
Handguns are only used to fight your way to a good rifle