jumpwally

Stowaways and airplane wheel wells....

jumpwally

....how is this even possible ? At 36k i thought it would be curtains,,,but some how they survive....:S

The one in news did anyway...not always the case, I've heard stories of frozen corpses falling out on landing a time or two.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I am very skeptical of this guys story...

For those who don't know what we're talking about:
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-fbi-miracle-boy-survived-flight-to-hawaii-in-jets-wheel-well-20140421,0,5623323.story#axzz2zYSrDV6a

You gotta love this quote from the report:
"I imagine he must have blacked out at about 10,000 feet. The air is pretty thin up there.”

Stupid news reporters... Were that true, you would have to wonder how anyone every makes a skydive or climbs a mountain.

Bertt

That was an FBI spokesman who made the 10,000 foot comment. Smart reporter not to contradict the FBI.

FBI are just cops, and we know that the best and brightest aren't exactly drawn to police work…

There are exceptions, of course, but let's be realistic here.
cavete terrae.

grue

***That was an FBI spokesman who made the 10,000 foot comment. Smart reporter not to contradict the FBI.

FBI are just cops, and we know that the best and brightest aren't exactly drawn to police work…

There are exceptions, of course, but let's be realistic here. Who? The TSA or DHS. Na. To busy groping grandma in her wheeelchair.
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Pretty amazing shit if this kid's story checks out. You're supposed to be dead after 3 minutes at 38K feet, give or take a minute. He survived 3 and a half hours??? Fuck... :S

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Phillbo

Very lucky he did not fall out when the gear was lowered or at landing while he was passed out.

Also curious why the ground crews do not check the wheel well while hooking up the tug?

At certain airports deemed a security risk, they do. You can bet after this one, most if not all of the remaining airports will require a wheel well check.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban