dropdeded

Sticky Stuff For Gloves???

Just picked up a pair of gloves at Home Depot. They are way comfortable but I'd like them to be a tad less slick on my hackey. I've borrowed similar gloves and they felt like they had some kinda stick'em or something on them. Any suggestions???

*EDIT*
oops, let me go look around in the other thread and delete this if the answer's there (didnt see it:$)

*EDIT-EDIT:P

Well, that threads talkin about inside, Im lookin at the outside of the gloves.

Thanks

dropdeded
------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

What kind of gloves were they?
-------------------------------------------------

They're called "Flex Grip sub contractor #130":S

tight and comfy as hell, just wondering if theres something I can spray on em or...

dropdeded
------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

Since it's still football season, find a good sporting goods store and buy a pair of Nike or Neumann "tackified" football gloves. They actually make them in normal or lined "winter-weight" types that will usually keep your hands comfy in sub-zero temps (at least in freefall!). These will give you a great grip on your hackey, cutaway, and reserve handles, and they're generally thin enough to be very comfortable as well. Kinda pricey (like $40 for a pair), but hold together well (my winter-weight pair have been hanging in there for 6 years now).
Doctor I ain't gonna die,
Just write me an alibi! ---- Lemmy/Slash

Go to your local Golftown or whatever (MegaLomart of the golf world). They'll sell 1 oz little vials of 'tackifier' (looks like a smaller jar of shoe cream - or a caviar jar); it renews and improves gloves and grips. It's cheap(ish), you apply it yourself to the desired sticification level, and you cah make points by sharing with your friends. you might even use it on your golf glove on those too-windy-to-skydive days :o

...works for me. My summer gloves are batting gloves, and my September-May gloves are suede palm waterski gloves (neoprene back) with glove liners. The snow is nigh in Manitoba and our y/e party is this weekend [:/]

Dave

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend (Lennon/McCartney)

Meijer + hunting section=good "rubber type" waterproof gloves w/ the entire front being that slightly tacky rubber gripper stuff

$4.00 on sale

takes care of any and all problems involving warmth, wetness, tackiness (for hanging on the plane or pulling)

made a jump altitude temp was <20* F and my hands were sweating

why bother picking up "sticky stuff" when you can just buy a new pair for about the price of the sticky stuff, that will probably be much better?

just my thoughts B|

BE THE BUDDHA!

i'm a snowboarder also and i use burton a.k. power stretch liners most of the time they have p.v.c. on the palm i have done about 500 jumps in them and they are still going strong(put your canera helmet on before the gloves), when it is cold i use burton a.k. windstopper fleece gloves and when it is really really cold(minus 30C:S) use both(toastie). not the cheapest but have outlasted all the other windstopper gloves everyone uses at my d.z.

just my thoughts
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

I'm a big fan of the tackified neumann's myself... lots of grip, and not too much loss of "feel." If you do a lot of RW, though, they get torn up pretty quick (I wear through them in about 250 jumps) and as was said, sporting goods stores sell them for like $40. Or you can go to www.skyleague.com and order them for $25 a pair, with a cool NSL logo. Check it out.
"Some people follow their dreams, others hunt them down and beat them mercilessly into submission."

Easy fix just put the gloves on and rub your hands in sand a little.

That works great, but the only down side I've found to that is, after your hands start sweating alittle, the tackyness is right back because the leather is totally empregnated with it. [:/]

Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com