amstalder

Hitchhikers

Andy9o8

But FWIW, you do sorta-kinda vaguely look like Ted Bundy when he was in his clean cut mode.

:D:D:D And he was very polite, too. :P

And with all due respect, if one of my daughters picked you up hitching, I'd be really, really, really upset.

I'd be upset if one of my daughters did too.:)
***I still pick up the occasional hitchhiker. Like someone posted above, I'm a fair sized guy in good shape and a pretty good shot, so I don't have too much to worry about.

But guns are The Great Equalizer, John. And if any of you guys in good shape with some personal skills picks up some harmless-looking/acting soul who suddenly whips out a gun while you're behind the wheel, your size, shape, speed and skills might not be enough to adequately counter the threat before you're gravely harmed.

You're absolutely correct. And I've actually unholstered and move the firearm to ready access by the door prior to picking up some hitch hikers. Semper paratus.

I would never recommend anyone picking up a hitch hiker, especially a women. I never has a bad experience either hitching or picking people up.
I've hitched all over in the 60-70's. The intersection of interstates in St Louis use to look like a bus station. Put out your sign and in a short time you'd get a ride. I hitched from Wi to Ok for the Nats one year. Made a sign that said "Take a real live sky diver to the US national parachute championships." It was like a stampede picking me up. People had CB's then and would find me a ride before they dropped me off. Got delivered right to the DZ in Tehlequah, by a semi.
I picked up a girl in Ind, when I was on my way to CO. Delivered her to Ringling Bros circus in Tex. She had just graduated from clown college. Little out of the way, but it was a clown!
U only make 2 jumps: the first one for some weird reason and the last one that you lived through. The rest are just filler.
scr 316

JohnMitchell

And with all due respect, if one of my daughters picked you up hitching, I'd be really, really, really upset.

I'd be upset if one of my daughters did too.:)

Guess they don't give dad a ride then? :P
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message