normiss

Is dizzy crashing?

was there "video evidence" and a HUGE uproar over
"perceived misbehaviors"???
I.E. a dis satisfied member???/:o:S

seems to be working, as usual here...In Other words. slooow,, lots of pop-up ads etc....;)

HOW did i Know,, when seeing this thread title....??? that the OP would be?????? normiss...

have a great friday, and a FANTASTIC Mothers Day weekend, young Man...

:)

lawrocket

For about the last week I've been having issues, too.

Those aren't issues, they're finally pinning you down. :P
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

I have not noticed any difference, at all.

It loads the same, no weird pop-ups, or anything else. I'm running Safari on a Mac. No difference on my phone either.

I just thought the site was slowly dying due to lack of interest. apathy.
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Emails I send from DZ are having the text stripped. Recipient gets a blank email - but the Signature carries through.
"Even in a world where perfection is unattainable, there's still a difference between excellence and mediocrity." Gary73

NovaTTT

Emails I send from DZ are having the text stripped. Recipient gets a blank email - but the Signature carries through.

Emails or PMs?
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

Interesting. I too have been having "circle of death" issues. so just this morning I ran a ping and tracert. TO DZ.com was fine. I run Ghostery & adblocker (and have for quite some time) so it's not an ad-loading issue. Could it be a cache or pooling problem?
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

At the time that he wrote this post, I was also noticing a big slow down on the site. And, it's not our wireless connection because he was at home and I was at work. It seems to be better now, IMO.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I can never remember the exact time of it, but I know they back up the Dizzy servers sometime in the morning (may be Saturday or Sunday) that ends up being about 7-8am eastern.

Usually it throws codes saying the post couldn't be posted something or another.

Just seems odd that people are getting 503 codes around the same time, two days in a row.

skymama

At the time that he wrote this post, I was also noticing a big slow down on the site. And, it's not our wireless connection because he was at home and I was at work. It seems to be better now, IMO.

Seems to be this morning also. I'm sure Meso or one of the others will be looking into it.

ETA: From the time of "Send Reply" to post was six seconds.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

BillyVance

FWIW, I'm on here via a very fast connection, but the pages take agonizingly long to load on each click.

The throughput will only be as fast as the slowest link in the best case scenario.:P You could have a 1Gbps link going straight to your desktop from Google or Verizon, but if you're accessing a page that's hosted on a T1, guess what... it's gonna be slow!

That being said, I'd bet its a server issue or a big hiccup on the provider. I lean more towards server because any provider that expects to stay in business for more than 3 days has monitoring tools to address this before users start noticing and surely before it's been going on for a week.

There was apparently a Chinese spam bot that was crawling the site aggressively from three different IP ranges. Said bot has been blocked, so the situation should be improved.

Let us know if you experience further issues.

Meso

There was apparently a Chinese spam bot that was crawling the site aggressively from three different IP ranges. Said bot has been blocked, so the situation should be improved.

Let us know if you experience further issues.

Interesting... Did the provider not notice or did they think it was normal?

Care to share the first 3 octets of the IP? This is a curiosity question since I work as a firewall/internet engineer.

But yes, much snappier now!B|

normiss

Yup.

It's a communist plot.
:)

Well, I think it's the capitalist part of the Chinese Gov't that is doing this. They don't want to share it with the masses, they want to make money off of it.

FWIW - I've been a bit slow here on Dizzydot now and then of late, but other places I go are normal.

Where, oh where is Concrete Rebound Hammer when you need it? (Hey, it's still the Bonfire :P)
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo