Sebazz1

My three hole punch rocks!!

My 3 hole punch is run of the mill, as is my stapler and telephone. BUT, my working conditions are da bomb. I have general hours that I am supposed to be there, but I pretty much can come and go as I please and show up late or leave a little early. I wear whatever I want to, and am usually barefoot. I usually have the tv on, and there is no IT department to block anything on my computer. I instant message all day, moderate the forums and have even plugged in my webcam at work, which has yet to be detected. :P Every once in awhile I even get some work done! :ph34r:

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

[

Under my desk are some pieces of pink foam from the packaging of computer boards. I use them as a pillow for power naps.
eply]

That's a good idea. I used to wake up from a power nap, usually when our principal walked in. Anyhow I'd usually wake up when I heard the door open. Seconds earlier I was slumped over my desk, snoozing, then I'd spring into action and try to look really alert, slamming desk drawers and arranging stuff. The only trouble was I'd have this big red mark on my head where I'd been resting my head on my arm. Often times there would be this long string of spittal running from my mouth to my desk also, as I sat there with this dazed look on my face. At any rate it's good to know that others take power naps also. Having some foam handy would be a great idea for power naps! I've got to get some. I've been thinking also of getting a big cardboard box to put in the back of my office. If you ever come to visity and can't find me, check there. Steve1

i think i have a cool 3-hole punch too. it's a ACCO-MUTUAL 400. good and heavy. i just punched a 21 page document and didn't bend anything. my stapler is a swingline model 646. it's boring but functional. my tape dispenser is black too. it's not cool like lisa's. i do have a 21 inch trinitron monitor though. it's kinda cool.

yyyaaawwwwnnnn. i think i'll go find some pink packing stuff and have a nap.
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

I've been thinking also of getting a big cardboard box to put in the back of my office. If you ever come to visity and can't find me, check there.

With a pillow & blanket in it? Maybe lay some egg crate foam in it too. That would be super niiiiiiice.

I keep all the boxes that orders have come in. I'm trying to build a fort around my cube. I haven't figured out what to do for a door though...
Pink Mafia Sis #26

We have a stapler that you can put different colour staples in that allows you to staple a range of paper from 1 (why??) to 60 sheets. You have to have a good reason to use it but I find that reattaching fingers is accepable to the higher authorities after a game of chicken with the guillotine.

Wow, you all are pretty lucky. We don't have any cool stuff in our office. In fact, the other day I was looking through our meager supply drawer and noticed that we did not have any black pens. I brought this up to the person in charge of ordering supplies and she said, and I quote, "Black pens are no longer on the approved supply list"!?!?! :o
What the HELL?!?!
Black pens are not allowed? But blue or red are?!?!
Man, what the hell is this world coming to?
I really need to get out of this corporate hell.

Does anyone have a Plantronics Vista headset for your phone? I do! The best part about it is I wear it while post whoring and everyone thinks I am on the phone. Sometimes when noone is in the office, I wear the headset, disconnect the wire and pretend I am in N'Sync.:P

Chris

Does anyone have a Plantronics Vista headset for your phone?

Hell no!! I hardly ever answer my phone anyway. I love having callerID at work. I send most people straight to my voicemail.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Hell no!! I hardly ever answer my phone anyway. I love having callerID at work. I send most people straight to my voicemail.

I also have Caller ID. Between the caller ID and the Plantronics Vista headset, I don't ever have to answer any calls and still look like I am answering them all.:ph34r:

Chris

those are cool... when you spot someone heading your way with paper in their hands, just start talking and hold up a finger. keep talking until they go away. repeat as necessary. >:(

"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

I have every imaginable size of post-it you can imagine! 4 different sizes and multi colored!! I have post-it's all around me. I could build a house out of post-its if I wanted to. :P

yeah baby...post-its rule. i got a ton of them also... in neon colors...i got some hot pink ones that you might like sebazz

Ah, but I have the best thing of all! I have 4 (count 'em -- 4!) different colors of wall in my cubicle. I think it's part of the company plan to add a little variety to my miserable life.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Ah, but I have the best thing of all! I have 4 (count 'em -- 4!) different colors of wall in my cubicle. I think it's part of the company plan to add a little variety to my miserable life.

Or, drive you insane.[:/] There's got to be an OSHA violation in there, somewhere.

Chris

C'mon Wendy! Give it up! What colors!

I could be livin in the Partridge Family Bus! Burnt Orange, Avocado, Clay, Olive, dark faux wood paneling, half the florescents are out to save energy so I can't really see the colors anyway.....

I've got a cool blob thing on my phone handset so I can use it to pinch nerves in my neck trying to talk and type at the same time!

I have no cubicle, i have a real office with a door. I'm not a fan of post it notes....i have a huge pile of them stacked up. Seems once i write something down, i never look at it again.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

I too have a large supply of post-its. I've been thinking about wallpapering the window on my office door with them. That way noone can see in to check on me. The other day I had been on DZ.com for like an hour straight. I was still giggling from reading a funny post, when I turned around to see this big ugly face peering in throught the window of my door. It was the Superintendent of our school. He was just out micro-managing things, and I don't think he was too impressed with what he saw. I've got to get that window covered soon. Steve1

Give it up! What colors!

Taupe, beige, mauve, and plum. I'm a girl, and I work for the government B|.

But I've pinned stuff all over the walls. Next week I'll be in a real office with a door and everything; I'll have to come up with a whole new decoration scheme. I'll even have a window!

Now, the next important question. How high a stack of in-and-out boxes does everyone have?

Wendy W.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Now, the next important question. How high a stack of in-and-out boxes does everyone have?

Wendy W.

Wendy W.

i've only got 5, but i've got piles of paper everywhere...

and guess what everyone...my boss just handed me the staples catalog with instructions to order toner AND any extra supplies i might need...oh boy...this thread has given me such good ideas...anymore ideas from anyone???