Sebazz1

My three hole punch rocks!!

A Letter on AO, fek Ferdi, you must have a lot to say.....;)

"When will you ever get it straight?"
Okay I'll humour you Justin, its metre, not meter.

Besides, my dimensions sound better in millimeters than in inches, and my weight sounds better in kgs than lbs.....lbs wtf is that all about, how can you shorten pounds to lbs?:S
;)

--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

Except maybe Dodo Head.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've found that couch head is the most comfortable, whereas road head is great when you're feeling adventurous .

The secret to really good Dodo Head is finding a Dodo that is very talented with its beak.:$ It's a little bit dangerous, which is what makes it so much fun.;)

Chris

"It's a little bit dangerous, which is what makes it so much fun."

And the feathers are sensational.:)

--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

The secret to really good Dodo Head is finding a Dodo that is very talented with its beak. It's a little bit dangerous, which is what makes it so much fun.

Umm....Chris? You're scaring me again....

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

I am so screwed. I work in a paperless office. I have no punch - no stapler - no binder. I was looking for glue yesterday - to stick a signature I'd printed out to a license application - everyone thought I was mad. We used to have a gilotine - but they took it away. It was neat. It had a grid on it that you would cover up with the paper so you couldn't see the markings before you cut it. That was neat. It added a randomness to our office environment. Made me smile.
It's the year of the Pig.

Umm....Chris? You're scaring me again....

Don't worry Sunshine. Dodo's have been extinct for a very long time. I'm referring to a previous life. I believe I was a slut and into all sorts of shit in a previous life...at least I like to think so.:P

Chris

its metre, not meter.

And next you'll tell me it is "centre" not "center" or something. Before you say, "Yes, that is correct", pull your head out of your ass... excuse me... "arse" and look it up.

lbs wtf is that all about, how can you shorten pounds to lbs?

Don't ask me. I didn't make up this crap. You British freaks did. And before you go talking about how you've switched to the superior metric system, look at who invented that. The French.

And there you go, as usual, it is all the fault of the French.

;)

My new toy this week is a microphone to go along with my webcam. This should be kinda fun when I'm bored! B|

Andrea lobs ths one out there, and you guys just keep rambling on about paper sizes and office equipment!?!
The world is in sad sad shape...

So, uhh... hey Andrea.... how you doin'? B|:D
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

My new toy this week is a microphone to go along with my webcam. This should be kinda fun when I'm bored!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Andrea lobs ths one out there, and you guys just keep rambling on about paper sizes and office equipment!?!
The world is in sad sad shape...

Andrea is just a big tease. She lobs duds...that's it.;)

Just kidding Andrea...You understand the art of the tease.:P

Chris

It's a little bit dangerous, which is what makes it so much fun. ;)

Well, that is part of the thrill with road head. Air head is the ultimate, of course. It is not part of the pilot's licence cirriculum, but may be considered as an advanced option.

To fit in with the office environment, desk head may also be considered if you have a big desk or (in your case), a small dodo.

--
ZZZzzzz....

"pull your head out of your ass... excuse me... "arse"

Where I come from its Erse!

"the superior metric system, look at who invented that. The French. "

Hmmm, au contraire, its the ISO who are based in Switzerland which is even worse!.....;)

--------------------

"So Nac, I take it you do not suffer from office equipment envy?"

My staple holder thingie is bigger than yours kinda thing?;)

Naw not really Ferd, but I felt like a real Erse when I showed up in the US with all my electronic documents formatted for A4, and my various folders of useful info, contained in their 4 holed binders....:S

--------------------

NacMac successfully edits video with Premiere, which I think takes a Cray.

As for metric, you guys just like to confuse female American tourist by referring to having "10 hanging".

I can just picture some Valley girl asking the follow up question "Um, is that, uh, in metric?"

[:/]

Hmmm, au contraire, its the ISO who are based in Switzerland which is even worse!.....

"In 1875, the United States solidified its commitment to the development of the internationally recognized metric system by becoming one of the original seventeen signatory nations to the Treaty of the Meter. The signing of this international agreement concluded five years of meetings in which the metric system was reformulated, refining the accuracy of its standards. The Treaty of the Meter, also know as the "Metric Convention," established the International Bureau of Weights and Measures (BIPM) in Sèvres, France, to provide standards of measurement for worldwide use.
"

I don't care who is in control of the standard now. I'm talking history.

Work with me, NacMac. "We are blaming the French." Please write that on the chalkboard 100 times, or you will be in for detention.

:P

Okay Justin, I'll give you the historical point, and bow to your superior Googling prowess....My bad, ISO is administered by the Swiss.

"the United States solidified its commitment to the development of the internationally recognized metric system by becoming one of the original seventeen signatory nations to the Treaty of the Meter."
So what happened? Why did you guys stick with the stupid English (imperial) system? And why are your imperial measures eg gallons different from ours?

"you will be in for detention"
Will I get to be on TV?:P

--------------------

So what happened? Why did you guys stick with the stupid English (imperial) system? And why are your imperial measures eg gallons different from ours?

"The study recommended that the United States implement a carefully planned transition to predominant use of the metric system over a ten-year period. Congress passed the Metric Conversion Act of 1975 "to coordinate and plan the increasing use of the metric system in the United States." The Act, however, did not require a ten-year conversion period. A process of voluntary conversion was initiated, and the U.S. Metric Board was established. The Board was charged with "devising and carrying out a broad program of planning, coordination, and public education, consistent with other national policy and interests, with the aim of implementing the policy set forth in this Act." The efforts of the Metric Board were largely ignored by the American public, and, in 1981, the Board reported to Congress that it lacked the clear Congressional mandate necessary to bring about national conversion. Due to this apparent ineffectiveness, and in an effort to reduce Federal spending, the Metric Board was disestablished in the fall of 1982."

http://ts.nist.gov/ts/htdocs/200/202/lc1136a.htm

"you will be in for detention"
Will I get to be on TV?

No. We have anti-ugliness standards, that, unlike the metric system standards, are strictly enforced. ;)

I used to have a cool Metric System lunchbox when I was in elementary school. It had the conversions for all the different units, plus you could measure... things... with the handy centimeter markings on the edge. I have to agree with you. Even centimeters sound better than inches. :)

LOL.. wow, that took a long time :)

I used to work in a print shop and we had the Mother of all hole punches.. you need a book 3 hole punched? NO PROBLEM WHIRRRRRRRRR there ya go :)
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

I had that one imeadiatly but it was in need of clarity....not to be mistaken with clariton.

Disco light and squishy blue pumpkin in use today. Time to use the label maker.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto