promise5

What's the weirdest phobia you have? Or maybe the weirdest superstition ?

promise5

Creep!!

;)

That's not a phobia that's a very justified healthy fear of the evil nasty cursed things!!! That I wish were extinct !!!!!!

"An ophidiophobe would not only fear them when in live contact but also dreads to think about them or even see them on TV or in pictures."

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ophidiophobia

:P
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

It's also not weird or unusual (your link claims up to 30% of people have it).

But snakes aren't evil, nasty or cursed. They're just snakes.

Some are very dangerous.
Some are a serious menace (Boa Constrictors as an invasive species in the Everglades are a good example).

But unless you'd prefer to be up to your eyeballs in vermin (mice, rats, ect.) then you'd better be happy there are lots of beneficial snakes.

Keep in mind that one of the reasons the Bubonic Plague was so bad was that the rats and mice were running rampant. Which was caused in part because the "powers that were" decided that cats were "evil" and should be eliminated.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

promise5

Nasty !!! Let's not talk about them!!! Crap!! Ryoder!! Did you really HAVE to bring it up??!!!!!!!!!

You're the one who posted about phobias.:P

Now where did I put that photo I snapped while cycling last week?
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I didn't have this one growing up but I sure have it now...fear of being trapped in a tight space...so tight that you can't turn your head. Maybe it was all those 45 minute rides to altitude in Cessnas...;)

Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

For some reason, I end up checking the door locks about 6 or 7 times right before I go to bed. And then, if I get up during the night for any reason, I check them again.

Nor sure if that's a phobia or a superstition......maybe just O/C behavior.

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

ryoder

Snakes:o

On a plane?

I superstitiously set pointers to NULL after freeing them. I fear if I don't, my program will crash later on. Sometimes it crashes anyway, but a lot of my library functions check to make sure the pointer's not null before using it (if (str && strlen(str) > 0) ...)
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

promise5

Not sure I have one.

I'm illogically afraid of submerged anything, especially seaweed and the like. I dive and stuff, but swimming over a murky low visibility lake is the worst.

I am also very nervous about airborne wires and ropes. I like flying low, and the worst thing ever is noticing a nearly invisible power line, or antennae wire.

quade

***Not sure I have one.

Seems like it took less than two posts for you to find out you do.

That's not a phobia!!its a completely justified and healthy view of a nasty cursed evil thing that just waits for someone to walk by before it attacks you!!! They're EVIL!!!
No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.