promise5

What's the weirdest phobia you have? Or maybe the weirdest superstition ?

promise5

******Not sure I have one.

Seems like it took less than two posts for you to find out you do.

That's not a phobia!!its a completely justified and healthy view of a nasty cursed evil thing that just waits for someone to walk by before it attacks you!!! They're EVIL!!!

Living with Gary Busey.:|
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

When I was a kid, I was at a friends house doing some lawn work. I needed to roll up a water hose, so I started pulling it in. Well, his German Shepard happened to be standing over the hose, and when I pulled, it lifted up off the ground and dragged across the dog's belly. I never saw a dog freak out like that!!!:D:D:D

My friend: "Oh, she's afraid of snakes.":D

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Not sure I would call it a phobia, but I hate spiders. Specifically camel spiders. Half spider, half scorpion, all ugly.

While sleeping in the desert over here, one bit me on the back of the neck and it got infected. I got a nice scar out of the deal.

fucking hate them....>:(

http://www.camelspiders.net/

"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

ryoder

Here is the gopher/bull snake I rescued from becoming roadkill last week.

Ohhhh! I bet it tastes like chicken!:ph34r:
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

PLFKING

For some reason, I end up checking the door locks about 6 or 7 times right before I go to bed. And then, if I get up during the night for any reason, I check them again.

Nor sure if that's a phobia or a superstition......maybe just O/C behavior.

Don

That's actually a result of your fear-mongering news stations and government.

'Murica!
"Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way." -Alan Watts

The dictionary would disagree with you...

Phobia - an extreme or irrational fear of or aversion to something

I'm not a big fan of snakes, but that's mostly due to them surprising me on trails and hiking trips.

Now spiders, I hates me some spiders. I will leave them alone when they're outside, but if they come into my house? No, sorry, that's my space and they've got to go.

I also used to think I was acrophobic and tested my limits constantly - jumping off train bridges into the water, bungee jumping in countless places. It wasn't until I did my first tandem that I realized that I have a perfectly rational fear of heights. I should be concerned about falling off something, I could get hurt, but it doesn't stop me from doing it any way.
Think for yourself. Question authority.

I have a strange aversion (perhaps a phobia, though I don't know a name for it) to things--usually circular shapes--in a particular pattern. It's hard to describe, but I remember noticing it back in the '80s or '90s, seeing a pair of jeans that had a lot of little holes in a deliberate pattern. And since then I've noticed it many other times - sometimes something in nature or some kind of man-made design. Makes me cringe.

The only thing I can think to explain it is that it reminds me of some kind of disease or something, though I don't recall ever seeing anything in particular that would have created such a trigger.

I did see an article a while back on NPR(?) about people having a phobia of holes, like on a honeycomb or something like that. I guess that's sort of similar though it didn't describe my aversion exactly. (Honeycombs don't bother me, but they are similar to the pattern that bothers me.)

Shotgun

I have a strange aversion (perhaps a phobia, though I don't know a name for it) to things--usually circular shapes--in a particular pattern. It's hard to describe, but I remember noticing it back in the '80s or '90s, seeing a pair of jeans that had a lot of little holes in a deliberate pattern. And since then I've noticed it many other times - sometimes something in nature or some kind of man-made design. Makes me cringe.

The only thing I can think to explain it is that it reminds me of some kind of disease or something, though I don't recall ever seeing anything in particular that would have created such a trigger.

I did see an article a while back on NPR(?) about people having a phobia of holes, like on a honeycomb or something like that. I guess that's sort of similar though it didn't describe my aversion exactly. (Honeycombs don't bother me, but they are similar to the pattern that bothers me.)

Holy Crap - My so has the same cringe . . .

See this and see if it works.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Shotgun

Soooo ...you have asserted control over this "strange aversion" by choosing as your nomme de guerre, the name of a creator of little round holes?

quade

***I'm afraid of heights.

Height (ignoring hypoxia) never killed anyone.

Too rapid deceleration on the other hand . . .

Looking over the edge of anything attached to the ground is effing scary to me. :o

Heights in Airplanes never have bother me at all. :)

But, I get vertigo so badly, if I'm still attached to the ground, it literally will make me dizzy. [:/] I would make a really wimpy base jumper. :S
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

oldwomanc6

***Not sure I have one.

Not sure if toes are your secret thrill or your phobia. :P

:ook that's a phobia !! That someone will go for my toes !!'
No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

format

Claustrophobia,
when in need of drink, It's a fear that drinks places are closed.

Captsparrowaphobia . . . the fear of all the rum being gone.

Why is the rum always gone?!

oldwomanc6

Looking over the edge of anything attached to the ground is effing scary to me. :o

Heights in Airplanes never have bother me at all. :)

But, I get vertigo so badly, if I'm still attached to the ground, it literally will make me dizzy. [:/] I would make a really wimpy base jumper. :S

I was discussing acrophobia and pilots with a psychologist one time. I've read/heard that pilots are affected by fear of heights more than the average population, but it isn't an issue in the plane. (I'm a pilot, afraid of heights, but not in the plane)

He suggested it wasn't fear of heights, but fear of edges.
I don't know how true that is or isn't, but if fits me. On a roof, balcony, cliff, whatever. I'm not happy.

In the plane, in freefall, under canopy; no problem. None at all.

Although I am not terribly fond of sitting right next to the open door in the Otter or the Skyvan. Too much of an "edge" for me. But once it's time to go, I have no problem climbing out and hanging on the side of the plane.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

On a roof, balcony, cliff, whatever. I'm not happy.

I'm with ya. Especially those hotel balconies that are just concrete slabs, with no visible support. I'll jump off it, but I'm not gonna sit there and have a drink with you, and watch the sunset.....sorry.

"I'll just move my chair right here, inside the sliding glass door...."

Been laughed at and called a pussy more than once.

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

Shotgun

I have something similar or well I wouldn't call it a phobia but aversion/disgust is more apt. Something like this or this (makes me want to throw up) makes me feel very uneasy. Someone came up with the word trypophobia to describe it but the DSM doesn't recognize it.
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

Arvoitus

***I have a strange aversion (perhaps a phobia, though I don't know a name for it) to things--usually circular shapes--in a particular pattern. It's hard to describe, but I remember noticing it back in the '80s or '90s, seeing a pair of jeans that had a lot of little holes in a deliberate pattern. And since then I've noticed it many other times - sometimes something in nature or some kind of man-made design. Makes me cringe.

I have something similar or well I wouldn't call it a phobia but aversion/disgust is more apt. Something like this or this (makes me want to throw up) makes me feel very uneasy. Someone came up with the word trypophobia to describe it but the DSM doesn't recognize it.

Wow. I had no idea this was so common. I am affected in a similar way. It does not make me want to throw up or anything, but I do have an aversion to it.