npgraphicdesign

Best/most durable earbud headphones?

Do you want durable or good? I have been using V-Moda earbuds for years. They are comfortable, stay in my ears, I LOVE the quality of the sound, and they block everything else. At least half the price of BOSE, probably closer to 25% depending on where you buy them (Costco used the carry them and would put them on sale several times a year) and really amazing sound. I've paid anywhere from $20.00 to $60.00 for them and I have gone through several- especially when I was going to the gym 4 times a week! If the wires get bent or chewed they are toast, and the earlier versions seemed much more fragile. (My cat got one pair, the others just got bent or damaged through regular wear and tear or rollng them up to stuff them in a case.) Anyway, I think they are making them better now. I have had my current pair for a few years with no problems.

tigra

Do you want durable or good? I have been using V-Moda earbuds for years. They are comfortable, stay in my ears, I LOVE the quality of the sound, and they block everything else. At least half the price of BOSE, probably closer to 25% depending on where you buy them (Costco used the carry them and would put them on sale several times a year) and really amazing sound. I've paid anywhere from $20.00 to $60.00 for them and I have gone through several- especially when I was going to the gym 4 times a week! If the wires get bent or chewed they are toast, and the earlier versions seemed much more fragile. (My cat got one pair, the others just got bent or damaged through regular wear and tear or rollng them up to stuff them in a case.) Anyway, I think they are making them better now. I have had my current pair for a few years with no problems.

I'd prefer durable AND good. :ph34r:
Thanks Tigra!! Much appreciated. I'll take a look a those.

Can't comment on any particular brand of earphones themselves but can recommend you get these - http://www.complyfoam.com/
They fit like earplugs and expand to fit comfortably in your ear so they don't fall out or come loose during any activity.
Great for workouts or running.
B|;)

Remember you don't stop laughing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop laughing.

turtlespeed

are they good for freefall?

Yup! They perfectly block out those pesky warning sounds from my audible and you don't have to fiddle around after deployment trying to get them back in your ears to make/take phone calls. It's like a safety feature for skydivers....:D:):P
Remember you don't stop laughing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop laughing.

jono

***are they good for freefall?

Yup! They perfectly block out those pesky warning sounds from my audible and you don't have to fiddle around after deployment trying to get them back in your ears to make/take phone calls. It's like a safety feature for skydivers....:D:):P

does it disconnect your RSL on windy days?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun