makroftar

Need new luggage

I have to share this with entire world, I AM GOING TO BRAZIL! So, yea, I am pretty excited I started making a list what I need and then I realzed I don't have luggage!

I need good quality luggage, which will hold my stuff and last more than just few years like the last one did. So, please, share your opinion, what do you have? Which one is the best? I am more of a soft case luggage guy :P

makroftar

I have to share this with entire world, I AM GOING TO BRAZIL! So, yea, I am pretty excited I started making a list what I need and then I realzed I don't have luggage!

I need good quality luggage, which will hold my stuff and last more than just few years like the last one did. So, please, share your opinion, what do you have? Which one is the best? I am more of a soft case luggage guy :P

Pack Light.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I'm confused. Your first thought was luggage, so I figured you were a woman. But your last line says you are a guy?

If you were a girl, I'd say stick with carryon. Thongs don't take much space.

As a guy, I'd say stick with carryon. An additional pair of jeans and a couple of shirts don't take much space.

:ph34r:

I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

TravelPro or Swiss Army brands are probably what you're looking for.

There are different grades of quality in the TravelPro stuff, to get the top of the line you may need to order on-line or go to an airline employee store...extremely well made and durable - lifetime guarantee but NOT CHEAP. That's what my wife uses, travels internationally 3 or 4 times month.

I use The Swiss Army stuff...almost as well made but better price & more easily available.

http://www.travelpro.com/

https://www.swissarmy.com/us/app/category/Category/Luggage/4000?f=category&v=4/400/4000&m=add&

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

As a woman, I'd also say stick with carryon. You can get a duffle that will fit into even the mini-turboprops, or a small roll aboard. I can easily fit a weeks clothing into one, and if I launder in the hotel room, I can go a lot longer. If you're moving around a lot that's great.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

makroftar

I am going to go against the trend... find a good well used, well worn wheeled backpack that is still in good shape at a Goodwill or thrift shop.

Traveling to some places it just is better to not have really expensive.. brand new.. stand out gear that attracts the wrong attention that would mark you as a less than well travelled and world wise-savy traveler.

Amazon

***I have to share this with entire world, I AM GOING TO BRAZIL! So, yea, I am pretty excited I started making a list what I need and then I realzed I don't have luggage!

I am going to go against the trend... find a good well used, well worn wheeled backpack that is still in good shape at a Goodwill or thrift shop.

Traveling to some places it just is better to not have really expensive.. brand new.. stand out gear that attracts the wrong attention that would mark you as a less than well travelled and world wise-savy traveler.

Yeah 'cause projecting that ever popular broke-ass drug smuggling devil may care world traveler image ALWAYS gets ya over looked by the locals. :ph34r::P

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

airtwardo

******I have to share this with entire world, I AM GOING TO BRAZIL! So, yea, I am pretty excited I started making a list what I need and then I realzed I don't have luggage!

Yeah 'cause projecting that ever popular broke-ass drug smuggling devil may care world traveler image ALWAYS gets ya over looked by the locals. :ph34r::P

Depends on which locals you wish to be noticed by... uniformed types... or thieves... Who do you prefer to avoid.. Personally I am not smuggling anything... so I do not worry about the uniforms.. I just smile..

Hi AJ

I agree with the goodwill option.

Not a good time to have a matching LV or Coach set of baggage.

I prefer the pillow case or laundry bag with the string on top.

On the C130s I used to take a special delight with my 5k ratchet strap making sure all the officers nice luggage was secure.B|:ph34r:

Private jet, limo, own security guards, get the nice stuff. Just make sure its insured.

One Jump Wonder

airtwardo

Depends on which locals you wish to be noticed by... uniformed types... or thieves...

There's a difference?! :D

In some countries, they are one and the same. [:/]
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

It sounds like you're moving there for awhile? You said you need stuff to last longer than a few years. This indicates you might be taking more than one suitcase? When I moved to Turkey I bought a set of the spinners (doesn't really matter which brand, although I can look at it when I get home if need be). I can maneuver two suitcases with one hand through the airport because of the casters instead of lineal wheels.
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!