rickjump1

Wounded Warrior Project is a Fraud- Making Millions Off Disabled Veterans

SkyDekker

******Did you think 100% of any donation to any charity go to the cause they serve?

To me, it looks like the analysis of their performance is respectable.

http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=12842#.UoZJnPmxd8F

Not 100%, and the CEO should not be compensated $311,000. Hardly respectable (unless you are the CEO). Looks like this charity was set up to make money for the top executives. It's legal, but it's wrong. [url]http://asknod.wordpress.com/2013/08/19/wounded-warriors-project-a-scam/

I don't know anything about WWP, so cannot comment on that. However I don't agree with the above premise. You cannot only look at CEO pay.

As a non-profit would you not be better off with a leader, making $350,000 per year, being succesful in driving donations to $10,000,000, than a volunteer leader who can drive donations to $2,000,000? Depends on how much of the "drive donations" actually reach the people they claim to support/actual percentage.http://www.tampabay.com/topics/specials/worst-charities1.page "The worst charity in America operates from a metal warehouse behind a gas station in Holiday.

Every year, Kids Wish Network raises millions of dollars in donations in the name of dying children and their families.

Every year, it spends less than 3 cents on the dollar helping kids.

Most of the rest gets diverted to enrich the charity's operators and the for-profit companies Kids Wish hires to drum up donations.

In the past decade alone, Kids Wish has channeled nearly $110 million donated for sick children to its corporate solicitors. An additional $4.8 million has gone to pay the charity's founder and his own consulting firms.

No charity in the nation has siphoned more money away from the needy over a longer period of time.."
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

airtwardo

WWW.SAVE-A-VET.ORG
-not listed with Charity Navigator but if you’d like to see any financials as they are a 501c3 organization and these are public records...

PRESIDENT, CEO – NO COMPENSATION FROM ORGANIZATION OR AFFILIATES. 100% VOLUNTEER

VICE PRESIDENT - NO COMPENSATION FROM ORGANIZATION OR AFFILIATES. 100% VOLUNTEER

CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER - NO COMPENSATION FROM ORGANIZATION OR AFFILIATES. 100% VOLUNTEER

Same with our own Leap for Lupus Foundation. Every ticket sold, every t-shirt sold, 100% goes to the University of Washington Division of Rheumatology research lab. Vskydiver, several other jumpers and I spend hundreds of man-hours and thousands of $$ out of pocket doing this every year. B|

Our only payout is to DZ's taking up our LFL Charity Tandems. Even then, every DZ has given us a very generous discount rate. You can't beat the people in our sport. B|

JohnMitchell

WWW.SAVE-A-VET.ORG
-not listed with Charity Navigator but if you’d like to see any financials as they are a 501c3 organization and these are public records...

PRESIDENT, CEO – NO COMPENSATION FROM ORGANIZATION OR AFFILIATES. 100% VOLUNTEER

VICE PRESIDENT - NO COMPENSATION FROM ORGANIZATION OR AFFILIATES. 100% VOLUNTEER

CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER - NO COMPENSATION FROM ORGANIZATION OR AFFILIATES. 100% VOLUNTEER

Same with our own Leap for Lupus Foundation. Every ticket sold, every t-shirt sold, 100% goes to the University of Washington Division of Rheumatology research lab. Vskydiver, several other jumpers and I spend hundreds of man-hours and thousands of $$ out of pocket doing this every year. B|

Our only payout is to DZ's taking up our LFL Charity Tandems. Even then, every DZ has given us a very generous discount rate. You can't beat the people in our sport. B|

I'm always a bit hesitant regarding donations after a neighbor where we use to live always bragged how much money he made working a 'Just Say No' scheme.

He was a professional Magician, he would do 'charity' shows under the Just Say No banner, in communities around the area. HIS take was 75% of the proceeds donated...which was bad enough, but he also ran a 10 person boiler-room cold calling nationwide for donations...his take was 90%.

All legal...the charity is happy to get anything I guess. :S

THAT said - we do give to a couple charities every year but I look pretty hard at them first.

Heard an interesting 'testimony' not long ago at the gym...a guy about our age was telling how rough it was for his son who had returned from Afghanistan 100% disabled.

Though he was helping as much as he could, his son & daughter in law were in really rough shape until WWP stepped in and gave assistance.

~appalling to hear 1st hand how poorly limited the VA was in their 'program' considering this young man gave his future for next to nothing is return assistance.

The WWP & SPEC OP charities are now on our list...

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

MikeMcLean
Whether it was a canned performance with a selected audience or not, I'm sure everyone went away touchy feely good (the main performer could be selling the "worlds best blender" at 3:am on the Shopping Channel). I feel the traditional spirit of American charity is degraded when when organizations like Wounded Warriors use our wounded troops as stage props to make a living. It makes you wonder how much each individual from the phone operator up to Trace Atkins makes on these poor men and women. There are plenty of local/national veteran organizations to support knowing that they are all 100% volunteer.
Did you ever think how much the guy doing the canned performance is getting?

At least it's voluntary. The U.S. Army used to make the troops cough up money for the bums running the "United Way".
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

DJL

Sorry guys but these 6 figure incomes are normal for people running businesses at this level.

I agree

But how many of them have a inside track on these positions because of people they know. Rather than being a superior business leader.

Congressman Bob Doles wife was the Chief Executive of the American Red Cross. What did she have going for her besides her family connections.;)

The acting head of the VA, was the president of the USO and is a West Point graduate.
One Jump Wonder