Andy9o8

For All The Engineers Out There

normiss

Everything made by man, given time and usage, will fail.

You'll need us to fix the shit that breaks.
B|

Are you seriously suggesting that robots, that already build robots, won't eventually be able to also repair robots?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Are you seriously suggesting that robots, that already build robots, won't eventually be able to also repair robots?

Sure they will. But will they be able to design new robots?

Anyone who doesn't think that engineering is not a creative profession, doesn't know much about engineering.

- Dan G

>Are you seriously suggesting that robots, that already build robots, won't
>eventually be able to also repair robots?

If 'repair' = 'swapping subassemblies until it works again' then definitely. If it means 'figure out what's wrong and fix it' then no, not until we can effectively copy humans into machines.

billvon

>Are you seriously suggesting that robots, that already build robots, won't
>eventually be able to also repair robots?

If 'repair' = 'swapping subassemblies until it works again' then definitely. If it means 'figure out what's wrong and fix it' then no, not until we can effectively copy humans into machines.

Well, that may not quite be the same (though you're a much smarter man than I) but in the military they taught troubleshooting flow charts. It would probably not be too unrealistic to program robots with flow charts.

Granted even a robot with this programming won't beat a skilled tech 9 times out of 10, but I would think it could be possible.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

normiss

No worries, we have plenty of folks here that pounce on our grammatical and speeeeeling errors.
:P

We just call them the grammar/spelling nazis :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban