JayhawkJumper

Robert Traynham - Beware!

How is this guy creating drama???

He is out 750 bucks.
750 bucks.

That's alot of jumps.

I would do the same thing.

To all of you that says 750 isn't much money, than why not donate to this guy 750 bucks??? Donation sounds much better than getting 750 bucks ripped off.
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

I know you mean well; but with all due respect, you're on the wrong side of this, as to the "proportionality" issue. Except for the wealthiest (who are able to buy all their gear new if they wish), our sport depends on people being able to buy used gear long-distance in private sales. That leaves all of us particularly vulnerable to fraud. Gear-sale fraud is an ongoing scourge to the entire sport, and needs to be treated, especially among ourselves, with zero tolerance. That means, if need be, being reacted-to robustly, not necessarily in proportion with the dollar-value stolen. I also concur with the others that, ultimately, the OP's personal level of reaction is for him to decide for himself.

I'm having a hard time understanding the negative comments to your situation. Mind baffling is more like it actually. Theft is theft. Dollar amount doesn't matter. I say good job to you. It makes it safer for the rest of us. Not sure why anyone would not only not appreciate that, but put you down. Good luck. :)

Also as to why I might want to "belabor the point"… Having someone steal from you… fair enough… report it to police and notify community of said thief… One post… job done.

This is my objection to what your doing right here in your own words. "One post....job done." ONLY, it's been a whole slew of posts, NOT just "One & Done"

Then having the guy who stole from you decide to call you a shithead and deny doing anything wrong… Well if that's not a reason to belabor the point… I don't know what is.

Hmph......Called you a "shithead" huh?" That's no worse than the username "Phillbo" calling me a "dick" right here in this thread, is it? Phillbo, in case you haven't noticed, PA's are not allowed here. I don't appreciate you addressing me in this manner. Do you see me disrespecting anyone in this manner, or is your vocabulary actually that limited sir? Edit: I meant to ask, what......are you guys 10 or something like that?

Best-
Richard

]

Hmph......Called you a "shithead" huh?" That's no worse than the username "Phillbo" calling me a "dick"

Best-
Richard

no he said you were being a dick and I agree
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

rwieder

Also as to why I might want to "belabor the point"… Having someone steal from you… fair enough… report it to police and notify community of said thief… One post… job done.

This is my objection to what your doing right here in your own words. "One post....job done." ONLY, it's been a whole slew of posts, NOT just "One & Done"
***Then having the guy who stole from you decide to call you a shithead and deny doing anything wrong… Well if that's not a reason to belabor the point… I don't know what is.

Hmph......Called you a "shithead" huh?" That's no worse than the username "Phillbo" calling me a "dick" right here in this thread, is it? Phillbo, in case you haven't noticed, PA's are not allowed here. I don't appreciate you addressing me in this manner. Do you see me disrespecting anyone in this manner, or is your vocabulary actually that limited sir? Edit: I meant to ask, what......are you guys 10 or something like that?

Best-
Richard

you're*

To all of you that says 750 isn't much money, than why not donate to this guy 750 bucks??? Donation sounds much better than getting 750 bucks ripped off.

I haven't stolen anything from anybody...EVER. Why donate to the donater? Ya know, you do business in any public forum, you run the risk of getting took. E-Bay & PayPal learned me up. To this day they owe me a sizable sum, which I won't divuldge here for obvious reasons. I will say however, it is substantially more than $750 USD. How ever, having said that, I'm in total agreement that this Robert Traynham gentlemen should return the $$$ in question, IF he does in fact owe him the $$$. We haven't heard from Robert, so we don't know his side of the story. I know from my limited years of experience that there's story "A" story "B" and some where in the middle lies the truth. :)
Best-
Richard

rwieder

I haven't stolen anything from anybody...EVER. Why donate to the donater? Ya know, you do business in any public forum, you run the risk of getting took. E-Bay & PayPal learned me up. To this day they owe me a sizable sum, which I won't divuldge here for obvious reasons. I will say however, it is substantially more than $750 USD. How ever, having said that, I'm in total agreement that this Robert Traynham gentlemen should return the $$$ in question, IF he does in fact owe him the $$$. We haven't heard from Robert, so we don't know his side of the story. I know from my limited years of experience that there's story "A" story "B" and some where in the middle lies the truth. :)
Best-
Richard

donator*

I'm going to lock this thread now that has resorted to name calling. I'll leave the thread up as searchable in the forums until the glorious day comes when JayhawkJumper tells me that he's been paid in full and it can be deleted.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon