craddock

diffculty finding deal on sewing macine

Yeah, what do you want?

Try a multiple city craigslist site. Ebay with sellers that don't want to ship are often better deals. Refine search for distance from home. There's a 7-34 and walking foot brother in N Wi on craigslist.:)

I've bought machines from business closing.sales, craigslist, ebay local, ebay shipped, government liquidation auction, dz.com classifieds and local liquidator online auction as well as used HD home machines from local sewing stores.

But.you need to have an idea of models you wants in order to search effectively.

I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

councilman24

Yeah, what do you want?

Try a multiple city craigslist site. Ebay with sellers that don't want to ship are often better deals. Refine search for distance from home.

This. I got all 3 of my machines off of Cragislist, 2 from people that didn't know what kind of gem they had collecting dust in their closet.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Yes I have been looking. Looking for something to do boat covers and vinyl. I am a real rookie and truth be told the guy's videos that I am learning from on youtube scare me with the power of a real machine but make me excited to get my hands on one at the same time. I tried doing stuff with a cheap box store singer and it is so frustrating. Clearly only made for light fabric. I hear stories of people getting there hands on a Consew 206 for cheap but best I have found is a old 206rb-1 for $800. I just know at my skill level I am going to want to get a servo motor for control so I start getting into the price of looking at new.
That spot isn't bad at all, the winds were strong and that was the issue! It was just on the downwind side.

Look for a Sailrite LSZ-1. I found mine on craigslist and it was pretty much designed for boat sails and covers.

http://www.sailrite.com/Sailrite-Ultrafeed-LSZ-1-BASIC-Walking-Foot-Sewing-Machine
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

There's a 7-34 and walking foot brother in N Wi on craigslist.

edit. That Brother looks nice. Google does not show me if I will be able to get parts when needed. Not much info on it. The 7-34? Sent an email but being a newbie I would have never even thought that could be a decent machine had you not mentioned it. Sure does not look like much. But then I read it will sew through 1" of leather? I may sew a some chaps or something but not planning on making saddles. Thanks for the help and suggestions
That spot isn't bad at all, the winds were strong and that was the issue! It was just on the downwind side.

theonlyski

Look for a Sailrite LSZ-1. I found mine on craigslist and it was pretty much designed for boat sails and covers.

http://www.sailrite.com/Sailrite-Ultrafeed-LSZ-1-BASIC-Walking-Foot-Sewing-Machine

I am familiar with reading about that model. Spent lots of time on their website as well. If I could find one for a good used price I would grab it but I would love to find one of these $400-500 non portable treasures I hear people running into to see if it is really for me.

I really hardly know what I am talking about though. I just thought the Sailrite was more of a portable machine aimed at dyi cruisers. Read mixed reports on the feed system. But probably from people used to real industrial machines.

If you have $800 to spend you can get a fully electronic single needle. I got an amazing brother fully electronic machine for $825.00, fully serviced, new knife and ready to go. Can probably get a single needle manual for about $350, serviced and new table. PM me and I'll get you my industrial machine contact. They are amazing.