Gators1240

Working on an app. Any suggestions?

I develop iphone and android apps and have been tossing around some ideas lately of something new I want to do. One thing I was thinking of is creating some type of wind tunnel tracker. Something to keep track of my sessions, how much time I've done, what I worked on, etc...

I know it's something that I personally want, but I'm debating whether I should put it up for the world as well. Is that something any of you would be interested in? If I did so, it would be free with no ads. I'm not looking at making any money off of this, it's just something I wanted and would be another portfolio piece to have.

If it is something you would be interested in, what type of things would you want to see in it?

I'm a programmer as well and have thought of making some sort of skydiving app. It seems there's already apps for logging, planning, wingloading, landing etc.

Maybe capture accelerometer data during tunnel flight and display it graphically? I haven't seen it yet, but it probably exists somewhere.

DigitalDave

I'm a programmer as well and have thought of making some sort of skydiving app. It seems there's already apps for logging, planning, wingloading, landing etc.

Maybe capture accelerometer data during tunnel flight and display it graphically? I haven't seen it yet, but it probably exists somewhere.

I don't thing it would be a good idea to bring your phone in the tunnel (and I don't think the tunnel would allow it either)

Although it would be kinda cool in the sky. I may look into trying that out. I'm not sure if the accelerometer would register anything if it was in a pocket during free fall though. I'm kinda grounded for the time being with the exception of the tunnel. If you want I can put something together for you to try out though.

Ya, I imagine most tunnels would frown on you having a phone inside. But surely you could put it inside an inner suit pocket or velcro it to your pubes or something else acceptable.

The accelerometer would work fine in your pocket in the air or in the tunnel.

There are plenty of GPS devices for sky. Someone here was working on importing KML files exported from a Garmin into google earth for wingsuit flights (FlyingRenhquist sp?, was the username).