JohnnyMarko

DSE made it on "The Berry"

http://www.dropzone.com/news/Gear/Best_Action_Camera_2014_-_Ultimate_POV_Camera_Shootout_1027.html

And you may ask yourself
What is that huge helmet?
And you may ask yourself
Where does it go during opening?
And you may ask yourself
Am I right?...Am I wrong?
And you may tell yourself
MY GOD!...WHAT HAVE I DONE?

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

wow. just "wow."
Should I be honored or embarrassed?
Flattered or frightened?

Frankenlens sure has made the rounds...
To the neck comment, it wasn't at all hard on the neck. My RED is harder, and jumping big lights harder still. This rig didn't weigh much more than a normal DSLR/video rig. The issue was torque, not weight.

Honestly, as if you didn't have any idea this was a possibility going into the project?

I find it nearly inconceivable you wouldn't have suspected it. You're a bit more media savvy that that.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

ryoder

http://www.dropzone.com/news/Gear/Best_Action_Camera_2014_-_Ultimate_POV_Camera_Shootout_1027.html

And you may ask yourself
And you may ask yourself
And you may ask yourself

:)
And if you only knew how many times I asked myself....Well...How did I get here?
That spot isn't bad at all, the winds were strong and that was the issue! It was just on the downwind side.

I expected the ARTICLE to go viral. Not the pic of just the helmet.
It's been pretty funny, the number of places that have contacted me wondering if it's real. Even had an offer to do a low-level talk show over skype (not interested).

Yeah, it's weird, wild, and stupid, but it served a very valid purpose. I guess I was too focused on the purpose vs the wild. otherwise, I'd have taken some wacky pix.

DSE

I expected the ARTICLE to go viral. Not the pic of just the helmet.
It's been pretty funny, the number of places that have contacted me wondering if it's real. Even had an offer to do a low-level talk show over skype (not interested).

Yeah, it's weird, wild, and stupid, but it served a very valid purpose. I guess I was too focused on the purpose vs the wild. otherwise, I'd have taken some wacky pix.

Too modest . . . Wait till you and your story get picked up by "Mancrunch" and GuySpy . . .

Then you will know you have truly made it.:P
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

That picture really illustrates to me how we all have a vastly different levels of acceptable risk in vastly different disciplines. Some condemn others for not wearing a helmet while skydiving(wtf??), or belittle for downsizing too fast. No effing way in hell would jumping with that contraption on my head have EVER entered my mind!

How long ago was this if I were to search for a thread on it?
That spot isn't bad at all, the winds were strong and that was the issue! It was just on the downwind side.

ryoder

And you may ask yourself
And you may ask yourself
And you may ask yourself

Reading a Johnny Marko post instantly begins the Spongebob theme song in my head (seriously, I don't post often, but I read a lot, and this happens every freaking time). Then I see Once in a a life time... and: "And you may ask yourself, who lives in a pineapple under the sea..." It just gets worse from there. Interesting helmet/ cameras. FML.

I remember an interview Joe Jennings gave for a major network show, I think it was 20/20, not sure. The interviewer, this tall gangly guy with white hair commented on Joe's neck, "looks like an oak tree!" Joe: "it's growing!" :D

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban