airtwardo

~dood must clank when he walks!

I hear Obama want to have a clown at HIS next birthday! :ph34r:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/george-bush-marks-90th-birthday-skydiving/story?id=24103264

I was in downtown Houston several years ago watching the annual Houston Marathon...

I heard the old guy next to me on the street corner say he liked my hat - which was a parachute team ball cap.

The old guy asked if I was a Skydiver... I was kinda speechless for a second when I realized President Bush was talking to me!

~ We had a somewhat lengthy conversation, he told me about his previous jumps including his 1st one into the Pacific, I told him I'd made a demonstration jump carrying a flag into a rally he appeared at during his 2nd run for office...

I gave him the 'Liberty Parachute Team' pin I had on my hat & he asked me for a business card - two days later I received a thank you note in the mail!

~ I doubt I've ever met a more genuinely down to earth, interesting and honorable man of his stature.

I applaud his spirit in making yet ANOTHER skydive!!

Happy Birthday Sir!

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Phillbo

I wonder why they used a helicopter? Not much free fall time in that jump.

Does a helicopter not go to 15K?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

It looked like low ceilings and it was probably easier to load up in the LZ than to convoy to the airport and take off from there, then land back at the LZ.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

theonlyski

It looked like low ceilings and it was probably easier to load up in the LZ than to convoy to the airport and take off from there, then land back at the LZ.

And its nice to be able to land by his Maine home in Kennebunkport. B|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

airtwardo

I hear Obama want to have a clown at HIS next birthday! :ph34r:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/george-bush-marks-90th-birthday-skydiving/story?id=24103264

I was in downtown Houston several years ago watching the annual Houston Marathon...

I heard the old guy next to me on the street corner say he liked my hat - which was a parachute team ball cap.

The old guy asked if I was a Skydiver... I was kinda speechless for a second when I realized President Bush was talking to me!

~ We had a somewhat lengthy conversation, he told me about his previous jumps including his 1st one into the Pacific, I told him I'd made a demonstration jump carrying a flag into a rally he appeared at during his 2nd run for office...

I gave him the 'Liberty Parachute Team' pin I had on my hat & he asked me for a business card - two days later I received a thank you note in the mail!

~ I doubt I've ever met a more genuinely down to earth, interesting and honorable man of his stature.

I applaud his spirit in making yet ANOTHER skydive!!

Happy Birthday Sir!

OMG I would've fainted!! I love him!! :$:$:$

Every memory you recall elevates you higher and higher to supreme rock star status to me. B|
Always be kinder than you feel.

turtlespeed

***I wonder why they used a helicopter? Not much free fall time in that jump.

Does a helicopter not go to 15K?

I'm laying here with The Weather Channel on in the background and they keep talking about this jump. I overheard them say he got 6K from the helo. I thought they needed 7.5K for a tandem? :D

normiss

I'm pretty sure once you're hauling the President, they can do as they please.
:P

It was reported he no longer has use of his legs.
Which makes me wonder a few things...:)

Happy Birthday 41.

I guess you're right. :D:D:D

If he no longer has use of his legs that pretty much explains that landing! :(

boyfalldown

I always went with the opposite. I use the X as a backup if there is a loss of radio communication on a demo. If communication is lost and I see the x I'll jump at the predetermined time, no X means no jump if there's no radio.

That's what I like to do, use a large WDI paper T that serves as the target and the wind direction indicator...if it's not down - no go at that time. - - also I make sure the ground crew has a smoke to pull & a bucket to dump it in if it's called off altogether.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~