grimmie

Official NHL 2013-14 thread!

I'm not about west coast and east coast. I do like my Kings but if i had an east coast team it would be the B'Hawks.

Their line is amazing with that leprachaun looking Kane (no disrespect, but c'mon Kane looks like a leprachan when he grows out his beard :P ), Hossa, Saad, and Toews.

Kings needs to fire Quick....was it his fault the Kings lost? not really, but he's touted as the #1 goalie...like 3 years ago. He's lost his edge and the defensive line needs work. @this point i want B'hawks to win the cup.

The series was painful to watch since Pen won but I am damn happy with the Jacket's showing this year. Not bad for a team that no one really cares about in terms of taking it to a Game 6 and going to OT 2 times in the series. Even last night they made it fun to watch in terms of 4-0 to start the 3rd and put 3 in the net in around 4 minutes to keep everyone on their toes.

If they get a little better at using the man advantage to score I think they will make the playoffs next year again.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

SPeaking of painful to watch how about those Kings!!

if they win game 7 it'll be one of the greatest comeback stories in sports history. Their comeback will rival those comebacks of the following:
Michael Jordan's return to basketball after his retirement.
Brett Favvvreee's comeback road in his 40's (lol, really?, LOL!)
Notre Dame's Rudy.

[Reply]if they win game 7 it'll be one of the greatest comeback stories in sports history.

I disagree. It won't be one of the "greatest comebacks." It'll be one of the "greatest chokes" of all time. If it was Kings doing it to the Ducks, or Wings or Chicago, then it would be a "comeback." Because it's the Sharks, it will be a "choke" due to their well-established post-season hiistory.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I was trying to think of what Rudy came back from????

Shortness, and no talent. And obvious mental retardation for wanting to attend ND in the first place.

Really a heart-warming story. :P

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

it'll be one of the greatest comeback stories in sports history.

The 2014 LA Kings have just joined a very small group of NHL teams who were down 3-0 in their respective playoff series to come back and win 4-3. They joined the:

- 1942 Toronto Maple Leafs who came back against the Detroit Red Wings.
- 1975 NY Islanders who came back against the Pittsburgh Penguins.
- 2010 Philadelphia Flyers who came back against the Boston Bruins.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

lawrocket

[Reply]if they win game 7 it'll be one of the greatest comeback stories in sports history.

I disagree. It won't be one of the "greatest comebacks." It'll be one of the "greatest chokes" of all time. If it was Kings doing it to the Ducks, or Wings or Chicago, then it would be a "comeback." Because it's the Sharks, it will be a "choke" due to their well-established post-season hiistory.

Just a hypothetical question but how does a team, with a 3-0 series lead, lose a series? I'm not a Sharks fan but it was theirs for the taking and they choked, big time.

Can't wait to see the hometown rivals Kings vs Ducks.

By the way, how does California have 3 hockey teams yet can't muster enough cash to get a football team together?

GooniesKid

Just a hypothetical question but how does a team, with a 3-0 series lead, lose a series?

Didn't you follow the Americas Cup races last year? Emirates team blew a 7 race lead.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

Just a hypothetical question but how does a team, with a 3-0 series lead, lose a series?

Didn't you follow the Americas Cup races last year? Emirates team blew a 7 race lead.

Im not familiar with Americas Cup? Is that the soccer league but for just North America?
Even then a 7-0 lead than a loss is pretty bad too. :|

Im not familiar with Americas Cup? Is that the soccer league but for just North America?
Even then a 7-0 lead than a loss is pretty bad too.

Not quite. It's a soccer tournament wherein an American all-star team plays an international all-star team. The international teams have to compete in a round-robin tournament to determine who plays the Americans.

IIRC, the Americans jumped out to a 1-0 lead, then the Aussies scored 8 goals in a row to go up 8-1. Then the Americans scored on about 6 highly-questionable penalty kicks in a row, then scored on 2 bicycle kicks from about 35 yards out in the last minute of the match to win 9-8.....really incredible stuff.

It was later revealed that the Aussies broke out the Fosters at halftime, because they (understandably) thought they had the match in the bag.

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

streaker

Whew....:oThe Wild are playing excellent hockey....Let's take one in St. Paul and get ready for the conference finals...

GO BLACKHAWKS!!!!!!!!!

B|B|

I know right?!! The Wild is like the wildcards of the western conference. hey, if Ducks win their series, i'm going for the B'Hawks.
I still have hope for our Kings and their top players:
Quick...um no.
Brown...um, no.
Carter...um, no.
Tifoli..um, no.

Is it me or does it seem like Brown isn't his usual self...he hasn't really been hitting or scoring.

And then there's Quick..he's like a false/positive pregnancy test..somedays he's good other days he's just garbage [:/].

And is it me or does Getzlaf look like an ogre with that pinhead of a melon he balances on top of those shoulders? :ph34r:

Anyhow, good luck to all teams...except for San Jose,,they just downright blow ass..sorry, but they lost a 3-0 series lead.

PLFKING

GO BLACKHAWKS!!!!!!!!!

No offense, but I personally hope that Marianne Hossa and Sindee Crosby both have tee-times this weekend.:P

Don

yeah man, go B'Hawks!

Crosby is overrated...he's got some fancy puck handling skills...but put a defenseman like Voynov in front of him turns Crosby into a sorry sap.