grimmie

Official NHL 2013-14 thread!

grimmie

The Flyers might be THE surprise team in the East.
The hated Ducks are on a mission.
My Pens always scare me this time of year. MAF usually can't stop a beach ball in May.
This will be fun!!!

I think we havve remarkably similar viewpoints on this. Something about the Flyers (they were so terrible early in the year) looks like they've put it together. Thus they are a threat.

I am very much looking forward to Kings-Ducks in the second round. It would mean two stright series for the Kings without leaving the state of Cali, and during the playoffs that can help big time. The Sharks could also have the same thing, only they'll be all beaten up.

I'm still thinking that the best series will be Habs-Lightning. Evenly matched and different styles of play. Tampa without St. Louis and STILL doing well.

On another note, have we seen the end of Tortorella? Part of me hopes so. The other part is a "he's a fucktard like Sean Avery was and I wonder what he'll pull next" kind of thing. Plus, Hartley is boring without Torts....

My wife is hotter than your wife.

PLFKING

I have a six pack riding on the Kings vs Sharks with Skybytch

Good luck with that......I'm 0-3 betting against her. [:/]

Although one of those involved her flashing The Rack (tm) at a WFFC beer distributor for a free case.......so I kinda broke even on that one. :)

Don

She hand delivered my ice cold Stella, so we shared after I won last year's betB|

lawrocket

Kings over Sharks in 6. Very tight series. Hertl will be back. And Raffi Torres hasn't had his yearly suspension yet, so he'll be back for a few minutes of ice time. Just depends on whose head Torres takes off (Stoll's injury hurt the Kings
Ducks over Dallas (though Dallas has caused some fits for Ducks AND Kings too)
Avs over Wild in 5. Wild have been hot. Avs are too young to know they shouldn't win.
Blackhawks over Blues (Toews ain't missing it and my preseason predicted Stanley Cup winner Blues are all beat up.)

East:
Bruins over Wings (sorry, Detroit). Nobody in the East can compete with them. Everyone in the West can.
Tampa Bay over the Habs (I just love the way TBay plays. Unless the Malone thing distracts and Bishop's wrist is worse than I think they'll take it. To me, this is the series to watch)
Penguins over Lumbus - Look for the Penguins to win despite looking like fuckups
FLyers over Rangers. Old school matchup. The Rangers are deep and playing some solid hockey. Something about Philly, though...

I think Malone will be okay, but I am scared about Bishop's wrist because they aren't saying anything about it.

I'm going to go on a limb and say Columbus loses to Pen in Game 6. The Jacket's front line is really quick and the goal tending is some of the best in the league right now. Pen has a lot more depth but if their goal tending falls apart like it does every play off look out since the Jackets can win the series.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

SkyDekker

Only problem is that the Kings won't make it to the second round :P;)

A distinct possibility. Wilson and McClellan have got this team together to beat the Kings, and it looks like they'll be healthy at the start. Kings advantage on defense and goalie. Sharks advantage everywhere else. Look for Sharks to be feisty to try to draw penalties, since that's the only placce they'll feel comfortable.

lawrocket

Only problem is that the Kings won't make it to the second round :P;)

A distinct possibility. Wilson and McClellan have got this team together to beat the Kings, and it looks like they'll be healthy at the start. Kings advantage on defense and goalie. Sharks advantage everywhere else. Look for Sharks to be feisty to try to draw penalties, since that's the only placce they'll feel comfortable.

what ya talking about? we gots Carter, Voynov, and Martinez.
Can't wait till Brownie puts the hit on Wilson again..that'll be good times.

I think it'll be tremendous. We better get a top performance out of Richards, though. Look for McClellan to pull the chicken shit typical Sharks move and do whatever he can to keep Thornton away from Kopitar.

Note: the Kings called up Linden Vey. And left Colin Fraser behind. Interesting move.

I'm going to go on a limb and say Columbus loses to Pen

Wow.......way to put yourself out there without a net.

That "limb" looks more like a steel girder with handrails on each side. :P

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

Did you see Melrose's take on the game? He looked both stunned and impressed with the Wings' play.
Sure did enjoy the game; even it it hadn't been for Pavel's amazing goal, we thought it was an exciting, riveting one to watch.

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

We all make mistakes when it comes to predictions. Plus I am not convinced that the Habs beating the Lightning would constitute as an upset, or at least a huge upset. But in sports there usually is going to be some sort of upset. Rarely does the favorite always win. If the favorite always won, it wouldn't be as much fun to watch. Yup there is a reason why they actually play the games. Usually the talking head so called experts are just talking because they can, not because they know something the rest of us don't know.

There is little difference between the talking heads who follow sports and the AGW talking heads. Neither of them know the results of future events even if they claim they are experts and know so much more about everything than the rest of us peons. :ph34r:

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over