grimmie

Official NHL 2013-14 thread!

Well my fellow mother puckers. It's time!!!!!

This will be a very interesting season.
Will Torts finally light a fire under the Sedin Sisiters and whip the Canucks to the Holy Grail?
Will the Hawks remain the elite team of the league?
Will the Kings stay healthy this year and make a return to the finals?
Will MAF be able to stop a beach ball in the playoffs?
Will the Sharks make one last run with a couple of old guys that have had excellent careers without a Cup?
Will the Oilers youth and skill get them into the playoffs?
Will the Olympics be epic as usual?

So much fun coming up!

My prediction...Kings vs Pens for Lord Stanley!!!!!

Good luck everyone! Go Pens!!!!!!!

grimmie

Well my fellow mother puckers. It's time!!!!!

This will be a very interesting season.
Will Torts finally light a fire under the Sedin Sisiters and whip the Canucks to the Holy Grail?
Will the Hawks remain the elite team of the league?
Will the Kings stay healthy this year and make a return to the finals?
Will MAF be able to stop a beach ball in the playoffs?
Will the Sharks make one last run with a couple of old guys that have had excellent careers without a Cup?
Will the Oilers youth and skill get them into the playoffs?
Will the Olympics be epic as usual?

So much fun coming up!

My prediction...Kings vs Pens for Lord Stanley!!!!!

Good luck everyone! Go Pens!!!!!!!

Sedin Sinisters (FIFY)...probably not.
Hawks...probably, but don't bank on it.
Kings...probably not...huge trades and injuries...will make playoffs but will get knocked out 1st bracket.
MAF...probably.
Sharks...probably not. The Sharks are the like the Clippers.
Oilers...probably not.
Olympics. Probably.

Go Kings Go!

The Red Wings may be glad they don't have to travel so far, now that they are in the Eastern Conference. The thing is, how will they do against teams like the Boston Bruins and the New York Rangers? How are the Wings new acquisitions going to do? This is going to be an interesting season.

Chuck

Should be an interesting season for the Sharks. Have you seen the lines? Depth down to three with a scrapper on the fourth. Savvy old farts and smart young guys all over the team. Niemi better not choke.

skybytch

Should be an interesting season for the Sharks. Have you seen the lines? Depth down to three with a scrapper on the fourth. Savvy old farts and smart young guys all over the team. Niemi better not choke.

I'll sound like a broken record when I say it, but the Sharks are again scary. Couture will have a monster year this year - he's improved every year and is approaching his prime. Sharks will win Pacific or come in behind the Kings.

I had a chance to watch the Kings up close and personal in two games last weekend. A little rusty, lacking in offensive superstars (except Carter - who may get 40-50 goals and up to 3 assists this year) but solid two way players through the lines. When you've got Carter and Richards on your second line, that's sick. Expect Toffoli to come in and make some impact. I was particularly impressed with Frattin. But the Kings Defensive six and Quick in goal will give everyone fits. With Mitchell back, we'll see improved special teams.

The Ducks will step back.

Edmonton - I saw some things I really liked last year. A fun team to watch.

Couver? Anything can happen with that team.

Team I arbitrarily pull for this year that isn't the Kings? Lumbus. I expect them to make the playoffs this year.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Pittsburgh's shaky goaltending prospects just got shakier. Vokun out for 3-6 months with one or more blood clots (potentially deadly). This means that Fleury doesn't have a reliable or tested backup for his inevitable period of being a sieve.

So we have the first injury with a big effect.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Didn't see that coming! :o

The 'Broad Street Bullies' have a history of toughness and winning and Laviolette has a mediocre resume. I think, Philly wants more of a tough guy for a coach. I don't think that Laviolette meets that criteria. Philly kust doesn't want to start the season on a losing streak and you can't blame them.

Chuck