promise5

Being "stalked online"? What to do?

GooniesKid

***WHY would you assume it was?????
:S

Well you know...i'm a horn dog but i'm a selective horn dog. That plus i want to stop any rumors floating around thinking it was me :|:S

WAIT!!!! Did you just insult me??!!!!!
Holy crap you did !!!!!!!:o:o:o
Selective ??? As in I'm not good enough???
What the stuff???
No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

promise5

******WHY would you assume it was?????

Well you know...i'm a horn dog but i'm a selective horn dog. That plus i want to stop any rumors floating around thinking it was me :|:S

What the stuff???

At least you weren't here for 'the Shah'
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

promise5

******WHY would you assume it was?????

What the stuff???

Ok Ok!! I didn't want to make a scene, i do think you are very pretty.

Wanna go for some pizza and a movie? :|

promise5

It's not just guys that stalk [:/][:/][:/]

Indeed! :$

Years ago I met and dated a pretty, smart, professional woman who was a 'television personality' in a fairly large market in the midwest...

Since I was living on the left coast we'd see each other maybe twice a month but talked daily...it was 'fun' but I didn't see it going anywhere 'more serious' as she had her career and I was a slut.

When we finally had the 'talk' she didn't take it well.

The angry phone calls at 2am & the nasty letters are easy enough to ignore...but when someone has the brains and financial means to really wanna screw with ya, it can get a little scary.

Jumping an airshow in Fla. once, the show boss made a comment one morning that he'd met my WIFE at breakfast...the tall good looking blond who came to the show to surprise me...:o

Another time in Vegas at the airshow convention, she was waiting for me in my ROOM one night...:S

She went WAY over the line in Oklahoma City once and I had her arrested...that seemed to get the message across, it 'nearly' ended all contact...:)

EXCEPT for once a year around my birthday for the next 10 years...I'd get an 'anonymous' letter in the mail containing my obituary clipped from some small town newspaper she'd had it posted in...with the words "Thinking Of YOU" written across the front. :ph34r:

Ahhhh..the good ole daze! >:(

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Okay, so . . . let's assume this is a more hypothetical discussion then. That's we're NOT talking about some specific situation here, on this web site with promise5, and about users in general.

What is a person to do?

My advise.

1) You can not simultaneously expect privacy and not to attract attention if you go on a public web site and most things you're doing are attempting to attract attention to yourself.

Years ago we had a woman here, a spokesmodel for a popular beer company. Gorgeous in real life, posted photos of herself in bikinis doing her job, flirted with guys . . . instantly started getting hit on by guys; stalked by a couple.

Okay, I'm not into blaming the victim, but come the fuck on. I'm not saying that stalkers are in the right, but what precisely what did she expect? Okay, maybe this was years ago and maybe everyone wasn't as savvy about internet stalkers, but again . . . what precisely what did she expect?

2) What I have never understood is why sexual identity is ever talked about unless the issue being discussed is sexual in nature to begin with.

Why on earth would anyone ever even bring up the subject? What difference does it make?

People want to be treated equally, but often the very first thing most people do is categorize and put themselves into the XX or XY categories. How on earth does that make even the vaguest sense? This is the internet; unless you're planning on having sex with somebody we're all just text on a screen. Why engage at a level that invites abuse as one of the very first things you're telling somebody? This applies to avatars, profiles, names...
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

promise5

Anyone else deal with a person acting stalkerish online? I think I've asked this before. It's beyond creepy. I really don't know how to deal with it. They basically just kinda stalk me in forums, threads,etc. ok I'll admit I was pretty trusting and if someone ask me my username on a site I would tell them. No biggie I thought until this person started showing up in all of them making comments and then wanting me to know it was them. I was so thankful when it stopped the last time but Ugh, the person is back. I feel like saying "get a life" but last time I responded they seemed to become more and more obsessed.

You said you wouldn't say anything!>:(
They are JUST FEET!:o

Now I'm SAD!:(

You won't like me SAD.:|

(Incredible Hulk Reference)

:D:D:D
You have to know I'm kidding.

I had one of those for a while . . . it was definitely not a comfortable feeling.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

promise5

You're the one that said never mind.

Oh great now a get offered a guilt induced pity date with a forced compliment. [:/][:/]

OMG, ok let's start over.

you are very pretty. you are selectable. i would ask you on a date (not a pity date) when i get back from a project overseas if you are interested.

when i replied to Normiss it was in a general context and not specific to you.

Ok?

promise5

:o:o:o

Wow !! Now I'm not even good enough for a pity date !!

Sure ya are!

I'd take you out!

Where ya wanna go?

Say Beach . .. where we can wear flip flops.:ph34r:
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

SkyDekker

when i get back from a project overseas

Prison time coming up?

LOL! naw dude! :P
There's a film project i am involved in. But because of a nondisclosure agreement i have on a contract i cannot say which film i am working on, location, plot details, etc. I've worked on recent successful movie adaptations and the current project i'm on is part of a franchise (can't disclose which one though)

promise5

Mmhhhmmmm sure project overseas yup sure!!

If you don't realize by now I'm teasing you never will. :P:P

ok whew. i didn't know if you were serious or teasing since our interaction on the forums have been limited.

i'll admit, you got me. thought i was hosed for sure. :)
Thanks for clarifying B|